Okta is seeking a skilled manager in executive communications to own keynote and content development for Okta executives at our marquee events and conferences. You will report to Okta’s Director of Communications, and partner with our executives to share Okta’s story and vision with the world.
This is an intersectional role: part executive communications, part keynote development and speechwriting. You will lead platform development for key leaders at Okta and develop compelling written and visual materials (keynote presentations, speeches, bylines, blog posts, etc.) to tell Okta’s story, share our product innovations, and articulate our vision to the world. You’ll partner with our deep executive bench, the global content and communications team, Okta’s internal design team, and our various agencies, becoming a distinguished member of the team and a leader across the company.
Okta’s content and communications team’s vision is that everyone knows, shares and believes in the Okta story. We work around the world to shape internal and external conversations about Okta, identity, security, and technology innovation. We engage with press, analysts, the public, customers and employees, and are considered the company spokespeople. You will play a key role in growing this team and evolving our story.
The ideal candidate has:
- 7 years of relevant communications and keynote content development experience.
- Experience writing for and working directly with CEOs, C-level executives, and SVPs; ability to engage with and influence senior executives and leadership teams with a strong presence and presentation skills.
- An understanding of Okta’s business and experience working with cloud companies.
- Experience creating keynotes and presentations on technical concepts and enterprise products.
- An eye for design and the ability to clearly articulate your vision to translate a message into a visual medium.
- An understanding and passion for multimedia, visual storytelling, and modern communications platforms.
- A strong, clear writing style and voice, with excellent writing and editing skills.
- A detail-oriented, analytical approach, with the ability to manage multiple, high-profile projects and deliverables.
- The ability to quickly identify trending topics and issues with a defined point of view; not afraid to take risks or a controversial stance.
- BS/BA degree.
- Spearhead the strategy, development and execution of keynotes and speeches for Okta executives.
- Become an Okta messaging expert with the ability to simply express complex narratives for technical and enterprise audiences.
- Manage overall speaker experience for our executives and guest speakers leading up to and at events and conferences.
- Partner closely with Okta’s corporate events team, internal design team, and external partners to bring our executive’s messaging and vision to life via compelling presentations and speeches.
- Oversee executive’s communications platforms, research new speech topics, and pioneer creative ways to share stories across different channels, including but not limited to videos, blog posts, bylines, and social media.
- Collaborate with the global content and communications team and our agency partners around the world to build and expand on Okta’s executive communications program.