At Okta, our Executive Assistants provide a wide array of administrative, logistical, and project-related support to their Executives. We are looking for an Executive Assistant to be a true business partner to our SVP, Global Services and the department’s leadership team including 2 additional VPs. As a true business partner to these executives, you will be a huge part of the organization’s success. This role has a high amount of visibility and works cross-functionally across the company.
- Own and help manage the rhythm of the business in close partnership with the Executive(s) and team, including agenda management, notes, logistics, and follow-ups.
- Acts as a liaison for assigned executives relaying and exchanging information with others including: Senior leaders, customers and clients, and other organizations or constituents.
- Calendar management – coordinate all meetings including but not limited to team meetings, offsite meetings including customer, partner, across global time zones.
- Manage the daily schedule of the Executive(s); coordinate domestic and international travel, process expense reports and assist with management of budget needs
- Schedule and coordinate logistics for meetings, conferences and special events (onsite & offsite)
- Anticipate the Executive’s needs and proactively assemble the appropriate people and resources to solve problems
- Field incoming requests; exercise strong judgment and discretion with highly confidential information
- Lead, drive and execute on various team events, socials, offsite meetings, etc.
- Work cross-functionally to ensure communication is efficient and clear between teams
- Organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple work activities with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Providing backup support for other EAs in the department
- A minimum of 4+ years work experience in the capacity of an Executive Assistant supporting multiple remote executives while reporting to a SVP level executive.
- Expectation of complete confidentiality on all business matters
- Ability to actively manage projects in a fast-moving, high pressure environment.
- Flexibility working independently or partnering with a variety of teams.
- This is not a 9-to-5 position due to the rapid nature of the business. Flexibility to support during out of office hours is required.
- Flexibility to travel as needed (up to 20%).
- Proven ability to interact in a professional manner with Executives, Customers, Partners, and Internal Team
- Ability to be flexible in response to changing priorities and needs.
- Experience with web-based scheduling and collaboration tools
- Extensive experience with arrangement of complex schedules and logistics, at times, across multiple time zones
- Ability to work on multiple projects, lead priorities and accurately set expectations
- Extraordinary time management skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication, planning, organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to quickly learn new tools and technologies; Interest and experience in using technology and the Internet to improve work efficiency
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to remain energetic and positive in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit and desire for constant improvement
- Excellent common sense and ability to make appropriate judgment calls autonomously
- Dedicated with the ability to anticipate next steps
- Works well with a variety of personalities; embraces teamwork
- Proficient working with Google Workspace, Microsoft Office Suite
STRENGTHS YOU WILL NEED:
- Adaptable – has demonstrated flexibility in the face of change.
- Organized – has good time, space and task management skills.
- Proactive – has the ability to foresee problems and prevent them by taking action.
- Leadership – can represent the supported executive when needed
- Strategic – work as part of the executive team you support
“((Colorado, New York City and Washington only*) Minimum salary of $90,000/year + bonus, commission, or variable comp (depending on role) + equity + benefits)”