AKASA is looking for an Events and Trade Associations Marketing Manager who is detail-oriented, results-driven, and creative to join the marketing team. This role presents an opportunity to help build high-profile digital and in-person event programs that help AKASA grow our brand visibility and deliver quality leads to sales to build the pipeline.
You will plan, manage, promote, and execute an array of marketing tactics, webinars, and in-person trade show events from end to end. The right person has the ability to manage the details while rallying the necessary cross-functional team resources. You must have a natural inclination to measure the effectiveness of marketing activities, strong project management skills, and the ability to think strategically and orchestrate many moving parts.
AKASA is based in South San Francisco. As a company, we embraced remote work before COVID-19. We consider ourselves experts in working collaboratively wherever our team members reside.
What You’ll Do
- Drive the strategy and execution of virtual webinars and tradeshows across the US.
- Operate as the centralized relationship manager with several healthcare trade associations to manage a variety of marketing programs (webinars, content syndications, advertising, roundtables)
- Establish a repeatable and scalable process to plan for, execute, and follow up on all events and marketing programs, including lead capture and assignment.
- Produce, promote, and facilitate webinars (in collaboration with our vendor partners and/or on our own through Zoom, On24, or other platform)
- Evaluate and recommend virtual and in-person events and marketing opportunities
- Create event and marketing plans that clearly communicate Why, What, Who, Where, and When.
- Work with sales to align the regional field events (hosted events, roundtables, etc.) to support sales goals
- Work with cross-functional team members (Design, Sales, Content, Digital Marketing, Product Marketing, etc.) to activate across digital channels to amplify AKASA’s event presence.
- Lead cross-functional planning meetings
- Manage inventory and booth logistics with exhibit vendor
- Track spend within the allocated budget and build effective reports to determine performance and ROI of events.
- Partner with sales for pre and post-event outreach messaging, event booth staffing, and lead flow management to maximize conversions and identify areas of improvement.
- Manage the appropriate scrubbing and importing of leads into Salesforce for campaign ROI tracking
- Travel to onsite events and provide support, including setups and breakdowns of the event
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related field and/or relevant work experience.
- 4+ years of proven experience in B2B enterprise event marketing with a strong foundation in managing the minutiae of event logistics and planning.
- Hands-on experience with Salesforce, including creating Dashboards to demonstrate progress and impact.
- Ability to analyze & report event efforts and impact across the organization using G-suite or MS-office tools.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment with tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and stellar presentation skills
- Detail oriented and has exceptional organizational skills
- Extreme ambition to help scale our events & vendor strategy
- Ability to travel to all in-person events (up to 35% in your first year)
- Nice to have: Prior event experience in a high-growth company in the healthcare or healthcare adjacent space.
What We Offer
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
- Expansive coverage for health, dental, and vision
- Employer contribution to Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Generous parent leave policy
- Full employee coverage for life insurance
- Company-paid holidays
- 401(K) plan
- Based on market data and other factors, the salary range for this position is $90,000-$120,000 + Equity. However, a salary higher or lower than this range may be appropriate for a candidate whose qualifications differ meaningfully from those listed in the job description.