At Starburst, we are working to dismantle the status quo of data silos and vendor lock-in every single day. For decades, database companies have held their customers hostage and we believe that’s just plain wrong. Starburst offers a full-featured data lake analytics platform, built on open source Trino. Our platform includes all the capabilities needed to discover, organize, and consume data without the need for time-consuming and costly migration projects. Today more than 300 leading organizations trust us to make better decisions faster.
Though Starburst has raised $414M in venture funding from top investors, we were founded in a rather unusual way as we bootstrapped the business with customers and revenue from the very beginning! We are a remote-first company with employees all over the world and are proud to be named a Best Place to Work. Come join our team of All-Stars!
Starburst Enterprise Solutions Architects are responsible for the successful customer adoption of our products. In this customer-facing and highly technical role, you will work directly with our customers to ensure their overall success with Starburst’s product offering. You will partner with field sales representatives to own the technical aspects of the sales cycle, customer evangelization, and qualification process, from discovery calls to closure. Responsibilities include demonstrations of Starburst capabilities, technical sales presentations, delivery of educational sessions and/or technical workshops, running proofs of value, providing guidance for migration from legacy platforms, and assistance with customers moving to production. Solutions Architects are Starburst experts who will provide technical leadership, data management, and analytics experience and consultation.
As an Enterprise Solutions Architect at Starburst you will:
- Grow and retain accounts
- Own the technical aspects of the sales cycle and work closely with sales representatives to drive customer projects to closure
- Shape prospect evaluation requirements, define success criteria, educate customers, and participate in the qualification process
- Define, scope, and execute customer proof of concept studies Be an expert in our products and services
- Design and build demos, presentations, reference architectures, and custom integrationsPerform overall system and SQL performance tuning and migrations from legacy systems
- Act as the consultant and expert on architecture, deployment, and design discussions
- Act as the primary customer-facing technical resource during technology evaluations
- Act as the voice of the customer during internal product engineering discussions
- Collaborate with Engineering and Support teams for critical customer operational issues and questions
- Develop field best practices, how-to documents, and contribute to our internal knowledge base
- Have a willingness to travel to customers as needed
Why build your career at Starburst?
We live by our three core company values: Character, Competence, and Ownership and are a team of top performers. We are each in the driver’s seat, shaping our organization and working together towards our common mission. We are solving exceptionally complex and meaningful challenges here and as we innovate, we each have the opportunity to build our careers alongside Starbursts’s growth.
We take care of our global workforce by making sure employees enjoy competitive salaries and attractive stock grants, remote-friendly work options, flexible paid time off, and more!
Starburst Data is a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place to work. Everyone is welcome at the Starburst table and we have several employee resource groups such as Womxn At Starburst, Starburst Military, and Starburst Pride. We know that the more diverse perspectives we have at the table will only serve us to make a better team and company.
Starburst provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.