The Solutions Engineer provides technical subject matter expertise in support of Talkdesk’s sales efforts. We study the market, analyze customer experience and ensure solutions achieve both customer and Talkdesk business goals. We are reliable and dependable partners throughout the sales cycle, from discovery to close. We work with sales teams and with clients and potential clients – to help all parties understand technical processes and capabilities.
What you’ll do
You will be responsible for all technical, solution, and competitive aspects of the Talkdesk sales cycle and support the Enterprise Solutions Engineering team for Western Canada. You will be both sales-focused and technically savvy! In addition, you will have the ability to sell the technical merits of the software solution to Enterprise executives and directors. You will work in conjunction with Sales, Marketing, and Product Managers, to be the technical bridge between our Sales Representatives and their prospects. You will take ownership of the prime technical relationship with our prospects to drive customer satisfaction by proactively managing and delivering technical information to our customers both onsite, online, and via telephone.
- Provide Solutions Engineering pre-sales support for a base of enterprise customers within your assigned region.
- Partner with sales teams to understand client product-related expectations and requirements.
- Attend sales calls and assist with sales efforts.
- Conduct technical interviews with customers to clearly define needs.
- Provide technical expertise to ensure that customer needs are met.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the industry and competitors in order to act as a valuable resource to both customer and sales teams.
- Review quotes, RFPs, plans, and other customer documentation – providing technical information and clarifying questions and uncertainties for both Talkdesk and customer representatives.
- Provide technical assistance to product management, marketing, and sales training teams.
- Conduct product and technical presentations both onsite and remotely; translate technical terminology into language easily understood by non-technical audiences.
- Address product-related questions from both internal (sales) and external (customer) perspectives.
- Assist with post-sale product performance evaluation.
What you’ll bring
- Five or more years of experience within the contact center, UCaaS, or SaaS space.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Demonstrated consultative selling experience.
- Analytical skills to evaluate and interpret product and service-related situations.
- Experience as a compelling, passionate, and confident public speaker.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with sales teams, partners, vendors, and customers.
- Understand sales processes, strategies, and solution selling.
- Dig into issues and problems to understand underlying causes.
- Create convincing proposals and documentation.