At Starburst, we are working to dismantle the status quo of data silos and vendor lock-in every single day. For decades, database companies have held their customers hostage and we believe that’s just plain wrong. Starburst offers a full-featured data lake analytics platform, built on open source Trino. Our platform includes all the capabilities needed to discover, organize, and consume data without the need for time-consuming and costly migration projects. Today more than 300 leading organizations trust us to make better decisions faster.
Though Starburst has raised $414M in venture funding from top investors, we were founded in a rather unusual way as we bootstrapped the business with customers and revenue from the very beginning! We are a remote-first company with employees all over the world and are proud to be named a Best Place to Work. Come join our team of All-Stars!
About the role
The Enterprise Account Executive at Starburst is a quota carrying, enterprise software sales position responsible for meeting and exceeding goals through generating and closing new opportunities while increasing awareness of Starburst in the marketplace. We are looking for motivated, focused, and coachable sales professionals with experience across the full spectrum of the software sales cycle – prospecting, defining, and articulating value proposition, pilot process management, business case development, negotiation, and closing.
- Drive new business opportunities for selling Starburst software and services engagements within assigned territory
- Develop and implement a sales strategy against assigned territory and/or targeted list of customers
- Develop a deep understanding of, and effectively articulate, the Starburst offering and value proposition in the market
- Constantly focused on pipeline generation within the territory to ensure long term success
- Interact with and leverage the Channel and Alliance partner community to find new opportunities and drive existing deals to close
- Manage opportunities through the sales cycle from initial inquiry to forecasted pipeline to deal design and close
- Meet quarterly and annual revenue objectives for your territory
- Provide continuous updates on all active accounts and report on sales, activities, status, and progress on a regular basis (via CRM, webex or in-person)
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and reference-ability
- Travel for client visits and presentations
- 5+ years of progressive SaaS software sales experience to companies
- Track record of success in closing business in large complex enterprise accounts
- Excellent negotiation, analytical, financial, and organizational capabilities. Able to thrive in an evolving, entrepreneurial structure and environment
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work at both a tactical and strategic level
- Must possess a can-do, self-starter mentality in a highly collaborative atmosphere
- Have experience working in high growth early-stage companies
- Data analytics software
- Business intelligence software
- Database/data warehousing platforms
The base salary range for this US full-time position is $140,000 – $150,000 (+ commission or + bonus), subject to standard withholding and applicable taxes. All candidates receive equity (ISO) and access to a comprehensive benefits offering. The base salary range reflects the minimum and maximum target for candidates across all US locations. Work location, skills, experience, and any relevant education or training determine the compensation awarded to the candidate. The Recruiting Team or Hiring Manager can share more about the specific salary range with you during the recruitment process.
The base salary range for this US full-time position is $130,000 – $150,000 + commission, subject to standard withholding and applicable taxes. All candidates receive equity (ISO) and access to a comprehensive benefits offering. The base salary range reflects the minimum and maximum target for candidates across all US locations. Work location, skills, experience, and any relevant education or training determine the compensation awarded to the candidate. The Recruiting Team or Hiring Manager can share more about the specific salary range with you during the recruitment process.
Why build your career at Starburst?
We live by our three core company values: Character, Competence, and Ownership and are a team of top performers. We are each in the driver’s seat, shaping our organization and working together towards our common mission. We are solving exceptionally complex and meaningful challenges here and as we innovate, we each have the opportunity to build our careers alongside Starbursts’s growth.
We take care of our global workforce by making sure employees enjoy competitive salaries and attractive stock grants, remote-friendly work options, flexible paid time off, and more!
Starburst Data is a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place to work. Everyone is welcome at the Starburst table and we have several employee resource groups such as Womxn At Starburst, Starburst Military, and Starburst Pride. We know that the more diverse perspectives we have at the table will only serve us to make a better team and company.
Starburst provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.