Founded by Fintech executives from LearnVest, N26 and Stash and backed by Bain Capital Ventures, Homebrew and Inspired Capital, Orum is powering the future of financial services by enabling immediate, frictionless money movement. Orum’s API-based product gives enterprise customers unique funds availability modeling, empowering them with the information required to shift to real-time payments, and then grants access to real-time payment rails without necessitating a bank integration. Orum’s flagship product, Foresight is currently available via Private Beta.
We’re a remote-first company building a geographically distributed team. We believe that working remotely presents a unique opportunity to build a diverse team that opportunistically leverages distance to asynchronously work better. If you’d like to play a part in crystallizing the vision of a world where money is smart, real time, and fully automated, we’d love to hear from you.
As an Engineering Manager, you will manage a team responsible for building, scaling and maintaining data services and infrastructure that powers our core products. You will coach your team on their technical skills, foster collaboration, and create opportunities for learning and continued development.
As part of a small but growing engineering organization, you will also help develop the engineering culture and values at Orum. We strive to have a strong, deliberate culture defined around continuous learning, autonomy and ownership, and acknowledgment of failure. We pride ourselves on diversity and creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons.
Responsibilities for the Engineering Manager
- Build high functioning teams with a strong sense of ownership, trust, respect and inclusion.
- Drive the strategy, priorities and roadmap for the team, in close collaboration with multidisciplinary partners from product, design, data science, customer experience and other engineering teams.
- Own the data platforms and services, orchestration of pipelines to enable democratization of data to data science and engineering systems as well as for analytical needs.
- Prioritize work of the team against organizational objectives and key results
- Anticipate problems and blockers proactively; turn those insights into actionable recommendations and solutions
- Provide and solicit regular feedback from peers, stakeholders, and leaders in the pursuit of transparent, effective, and efficient communication
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 6+ years of software engineering experience, with emphasis on data and distributed systems
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication, with a bias toward action and follow-through
- Experience weighing several and often conflicting constraints when tasked with making rapid choices
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Experience owning large projects and seeing them through from start to finish
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing patterns and technologies like AWS Lambda and SQS/SNS
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow orchestration tools like Airflow or Luigi.
- Experience with functional programming and scripting languages such as Scala and Python
- Familiarity with batch and stream-processing systems and big data tools such as Spark, Kinesis, Kafka, and Hadoop/EMR.
- A knack for always showing up with curiosity
We offer medical, dental and vision health plans, as well as other benefits including a 401K.
Orum.io provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.