CoinTracker is a portfolio assistant for cryptocurrency. It is used by over 500,000 cryptocurrency holders collectively tracking over $20 billion in crypto assets. CoinTracker enables consumers and businesses to seamlessly track their cryptocurrency portfolio, investment performance, taxes, and more. Beyond cryptocurrency, we are building a general automated financial assistant for all financial assets.
Our mission is to increase the financial freedom and prosperity of the world.
Some things we’re proud of:
💲 Over 1% of all cryptocurrency transactions globally are tracked on CoinTracker
📈 Profitable and growing 15X year over year
🤝 Partnered with Coinbase, TurboTax, and other industry leaders
💼 Backers including Y Combinator, Initialized Capital, Serena Williams, and more
Learn more about our mission, culture, and hiring process.
Build and lead the Core Platform engineering team powering CoinTracker. Build a world-class technology stack that’s highly accurate, reliable, and scalable to enable CoinTracker to deliver a must-have portfolio & tax manager for every cryptocurrency user.
- Three new engineers hired and onboarded
- Short, medium, and long term objectives defined for the Core Platform team to deliver on the company’s goals and roadmap
- Managing a team of engineers continuously shipping product & engineering improvements
- Guiding the team through challenging technical problems: exchange and blockchain integrations, crypto data, transactions model re-design, cost basis engine
- Achieved uptime of 99.9% (for all core pages for a power user) with minimal impactful production incidents
- Building a world-class engineering culture and environment for engineers
- Eight new engineers hired and onboarded
- Core platform team is consistently delivering on short, medium, and long term objectives
- Core platform is in a fully scalable, reliable, maintainable, and generally high-quality state with minimal technical debt
- Achieving uptime of 99.9% with minimal impactful production incidents
Some of the skills we’re excited about:
- Leadership: Ability to lead and motivate engineers, define and align engineers around key objectives and areas of focus, achieve high collective productivity, impact, and happiness.
- Hiring: Ability to find and hire exceptional engineers. Successfully sources, selects, and sells excellent engineers to join CoinTracker. Champions diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Algorithms & data structures: Proficient at solving intermediate algorithms & data structure challenges.
- Highly scalable and reliable distributed systems: Excellent at understanding and designing complex engineering systems. Proficient with databases, web servers, job queues, client-side architecture. Experienced at horizontally scaling engineering systems to 1 million+ users. Knowledgeable about system health monitoring.
- Code quality & testing: Writes well-designed, modular, intuitive, clean code. Understands software best practices like DRY, high cohesion, low coupling. Not afraid to refactor or propose architectural changes and see them through to the finish line. Understands different types of testing required in a complex distributed system. Values automated testing.
What’s it like working at CoinTracker?
We are a fully internationally distributed, tight-knit team. We have minimal process, and the majority of our time is spent working and collaborating asynchronously through tools like Figma, Github, Google Meet, Linear, Notion, Slack, Zendesk. We also stay aligned and bonded through weekly sprints, standups, all hands, and socials. We aim to empower every individual on the team with full transparency, ownership, autonomy, and clear objectives. Learn more about our guiding principles.
If this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you! Not sure you’re a perfect fit? Reach out anyway. We’re looking for awesome individuals, not folks who perfectly match a job posting.