Starburst is looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to lead teams building Starburst Galaxy. Starburst Galaxy provides all the benefits of the best-in-class MPP SQL Engine, Trino in an easy to use, fully-managed and enterprise-ready SaaS platform design by Trino’s original creators and experts.
As Engineering Manager, you will partner with Engineering and Product Leadership to deliver and execute on roadmap deliverables. You will recruit and mentor very strong software engineering talent, with years of full stack and distributed systems development experience.
- Lead at least one team of software engineers to build and manage Galaxy service.
- Be a citizen leader responsible for driving technical direction, team process, and outcomes in an agile environment
- Collaborate with engineering, product, and support stakeholders in order to find the best solutions for our business and our customers
- Proactively ensure that teams are executing efficiently by finding and removing technical barriers and dependencies before they are on the critical path
- Contributes to organizational design and planning including the allocation of engineering resources across services and capabilities
- Coach and mentor engineers of all levels, from junior to principal engineers
- Recruit, interview, hire and onboard new engineers
- Extensive software engineering experience building and operating distributed systems or SaaS service
- Previous software engineering management leading highly effective agile teams preferably in a global remote setting
- Prior experience shipping high quality and well architected production code
- Prior experience with people management responsibilities of hiring, retaining, and growing highly effective engineers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills