Hi. We’re Zipline! We’re helping put technology into the hands of those that need it most – – retail workers. If you have worked in a store, you know the drill. You’re helping customers, ringing up orders, and trying to do the 30 tasks that HQ wants you to do. Some pertain to you. Some don’t. But that’s for you to figure out… all while putting out fires and keeping shelves tidy.
That’s where we come in! We turn the grind of retail communications into an engaging, effective, aha solution. The Zipline platform ensures that the right people get the right information in the right way. Everyone is on the same page, tasks are tracked and life feels less like a perpetual game of hair-on-fire.
With Zipline, employees feel more connected, understand the role they play in the brand’s mission, and can feel good about the work they’re doing. This is important to us because retail is one of America’s most populous workforces but also one of the most underserved. Through Zipline, we can touch on one in four American workers who are often minority, women, and working part-time while studying or taking care of the family.
We love helping retailer workers love their jobs because we know how much better life is when you love your work. This year, Retail Zipline became a Great Place to Work-Certified. 97 percent of our employees say Zipline is a great place to work, compared to 59% of employees at a typical U.S.-based company. What’s even more impressive is that 100% of employees say, “I can be myself around here”, “I am treated as a full member here regardless of my position” and “People here are willing to give extra to get the job done.” 100 percent! You can’t beat the Zipline culture.
How do we work? Remotely. We have been 100% remote since the company was founded and we have it down to a science – – a people science. We huddle as a team weekly and as a company 3 times a week. On Fridays, we come together to learn from each other. One week it might be about opossum rescue. Another week it might be an update on our product roadmap or the results of our customer satisfaction survey. We are all masters of Zoom and love the freedom of working from home – – or vans – – or sailboats.
Sound too good to be true? We haven’t even gotten to our customers! Think about the best retail brands, from your favorite tennis shoes to yoga pants. They’re customers. And, in addition to dozens of specialty retailers, this year we added grocery store, pharmacy, and convenience store brands. In fact, we more than doubled our customers in 2020.
And, the word is getting out. We are featured regularly in the press, mostly because of the results we get from our customers. Here’s a look at just some of the articles published recently. We also picked up some awards in 2020. CBInsights ranked us one of the 100 most promising B2B retail tech companies in the world. And, our CEO was a TechTrailblazer finalist. (Check out her articles on Forbes to see her passion for retail and solving its biggest challenges.)
We have made incredible progress but changing the industry is hard. We are well funded by leading venture capital firms like Emergence Capital and ready to scale. We need your help to improve the way that this 4.4 trillion dollar industry communicates with its store employees. Cumbersome, slow, and inefficient systems should not be the status quo. Help us retool retail.
Our perfect Email Marketing Manager is passionate about how email can be used throughout the sales cycle to engage prospects and drive them deeper into the sales cycle. You love the science of email and go to bed thinking about great subject lines, the best time to send an email and how to get better performance. Ready to roll up your sleeves and help spread the power of Zipline? Keep reading!
Here’s more about the responsibilities and requirements:
- Develop and manage overall email marketing strategy, including KPIs that map to marketing goals
- Segment database and develop personalized campaigns to drive prospects deeper into the funnel
- Deep understanding of the Retail Zipline content library to drive existing prospects to targeted content
- Partner with sales to ensure email campaign strategy is aligned with sales objectives
- Test, measure, and optimize to drive campaigns success
- Develop and present reports on a weekly basis
- Partner with events and content team to promote events and content to drive marketing qualified leads and downloads
- Ensure emails follow industry policies and best practices
More about you:
- 3+ years in an email marketing role for a B2B SaaS company
- Data-driven and metrics-focused
- Proficiency in marketing automation technology, preferably Marketo
- Knowledge of SEO/SEM and Google Analytics
- Familiarity with analytical and database tools
- Extraordinary written communication skills: able to consolidate sophisticated ideas into clear, succinct executive summaries.
- Outstanding listening and writing skills, and a keen ability to translate complex concepts into simple, persuasive language
- Self-motivated, dependable, and dedicated
Why submit your resume?
- Remote: Join an effective remote team and work where you’re comfortable
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to take breathers and get out and see the world
- Benefits: 401k, and world-class medical, dental, and vision policies
- Team Fun: Twice annual company off-sites in fun locations. We’ve done New York, Costa Rica, Whistler, Palm Springs, San Diego, and Mexico City. (Post pandemic, of course)
- Opportunities to learn and grow
- Great team: Working with fun, hard-working, nice people who are committed to making a difference!