The Ecommerce Operations Manager will be responsible for driving successful fulfillment for all customer orders for Karl’s Bait & Tackle, our innovative ecommerce platform. This position will have responsibility to manage the end-to-end fulfillment of our ecommerce operations, guide our 3rd party logistics providers (3PLs), optimize our shipping and logistics strategy, and ensure that our customers have a stellar shopping experience.
What you will do:
- Overall management of ecommerce order fulfillment.
- Work directly with our 3PLs to ensure on time and accurate fulfillment of orders.
- Manage inventory to ensure accurate order processing.
- Partner with the Ecommerce team to operationalize any new initiatives and to accurately forecast peak periods and growth in orders.
- Inbound ecom inventory management:
- Manage and track all inbound ecommerce shipments to ensure on timely and accurate receipt of merchandise.
- Lead the relationship with 3PLs, and act as a liaison between the ecommerce team and the warehouses/logistics partners.
- Monitor operations, quickly identify operational issues, and recommend solutions.
- Implement, measure, and track 3PL KPIs.
- Coordinate with customer service and other cross-functional teams to mitigate issues and improve overall customer satisfaction.
- Manage accurate tracking of fulfillment and shipping costs.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of internal and external ecommerce systems and SOPs.
- Continually seek to improve the ecommerce operations and recommend new initiatives.
- Provide key support into ecommerce optimization.
- Support other responsibilities of the operations team where needed.
What experience you need:
- Bachelor’s degree required (analytical field preferred)
- Strong analytical capabilities and Excel skills (able to use pivot tables, index-match, and other tools effectively)
- 5 years of experience managing ecommerce operations
- Experience planning and organizing in an efficient, productive manner
- Experience working with 3PLs, high-growth companies preferred, but not required
What will make you successful:
- High attention to detail and the capacity to not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Excellent communication skills
- Foresight to anticipate issues, identify risks, and create solutions around them
- Ability to prioritize various projects and tasks efficiently in order to make decisions quickly and independently