Replit empowers developers to go from idea to deployed production software instantly, collaboratively, and with AI. To date, Replit’s 23M developers have created apps that generate billions of monthly page views, and we’re growing faster than ever.
As the Documentation Lead you are at the forefront of helping those developers create. You will work with our engineering and product teams to make sure new features have great docs, embed yourself with the support and community teams to learn about what docs we are missing, and help folks all across Replit.
This is a foundational role – you will have the opportunity and support to make our documentation the very best in the industry. You will report into the Head of Support.
We use tools like Zendesk, Linear, Slack, and Replit itself to get the job done. Our docs are built on Docusaurus.
- Develop processes aimed to make sure new features launch with the best possible documentation and existing documentation is updated when it needs to be
- Review and edit content created by technical coworkers
- Track and measure how well our docs are helping our users
- Nerd out over the little things like the Oxford comma
- Write a ton of docs and help everyone at Replit contribute to them
Required skills and experience:
- Impeccable English language technical writing. Full stop.
- 6-8 years of relevant documentation or technical writing experience
- Experience implementing and maintaining Git-based documentation systems
- An understanding of software development
Full-Time Employee Benefits Include:
🧑💻 Flexible Work Hours
💰 Competitive Salary & Equity
🖥 Home Office Set-Up Stipend
⚕️ Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
Short Term and Long Term Disability
📱 Monthly Expenses Stipend
🚼 Parental and Baby Bonding Leave
🏝 Flexible PTO (2 Weeks Minimum Required) + Holidays
🚀 Annual company/team offsites (4/year)