e are looking for a highly motivated, inquisitive, and resourceful individual to join the Dispute Operations Team within Square’s Risk Organization. As a Dispute Operations Lead, you will lead the team in safeguarding merchants against first-party fraud and transactional confusion by effectively recovering losses incurred through chargebacks.
This position requires extensive comprehension and substantial experience in successfully implementing and adhering to chargeback rules set by various card networks. It entails effectively managing an operations team while maintaining consistent adherence to company and regulatory standards. Additionally, the role involves providing valuable advisory services to merchants, offering insights into industry-leading best practices regarding chargeback prevention and recovery.
- Lead and manage the dispute operations team, ensuring efficient handling of cases and providing excellent service to Square sellers and partners.
- Conduct performance evaluations, QAs, and provide coaching and mentoring for team members’ professional development.
- Administer chargeback case queues to maximize system efficiency.
- Stay updated on industry regulations, card network rules, and best practices for compliance.
- Serve as the main point of contact for chargeback-related inquiries, escalations, and complaints, resolving issues promptly.
- Continuously assess and improve workflows, adhere to SLAs, monitor and manage team KPIs, and achieve high customer satisfaction.
- Evaluate department processes, performance, and systems to drive improvements.
- Analyze data to recommend efficiency enhancements in the chargeback process.
- Monitor chargeback case volumes and proactively identify staffing needs.
- Manage recruiting efforts and coordinate training for new hires and current teams.
- Build relationships and partner with the rest of the Risk Operations organization and cross-functional partners.
- Minimum 2 years of leadership and people management experience with a proven track record of high performance.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in payments, chargeback management and fraud management.
- Proficiency in SQL, Looker, Excel (creating Pivot tables, Payments tables, etc.) data analysis tools, and a data-driven work style.
- Creative problem-solving skills with the ability to find solutions in ambiguous situations and execute with cross-functional partners.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently or in teams to drive execution.
- Strong analytical skills with great attention to detail.
- Excellent organization and time management skills to handle multiple competing priorities.
- Quick learner who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Customer-focused with a passion for improving the customer experience.
- Collaborative problem solver with a strong interest in financial technology.
- Ability to synthesize information and provide clear and concise recommendations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to engage with the team effectively.
- Cross-functional communication and influencing skills.
- Project management experience is a plus
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $94,400 – USD $115,400
Zone B: USD $87,800 – USD $107,400
Zone C: USD $80,300 – USD $98,100
Zone D: USD $70,800 – USD $86,600