The Senior Disputes Manager is responsible for managing the disputes team. Develops policies and procedures as well as identifies opportunities to improve the accuracy and efficiency of the team efforts to detect, prevent and reduce fraud and dispute losses while providing a quality consumer experience for our customers.
In this role, you will:
- Lead, manage, and train a team of Disputes Specialists
- Collaborate with leadership to establish performance KPIs across the team and continuously monitor and manage team members to these targets
- Review and manage appropriate queues to ensure orders and disputes are processed and resolved in a timely manner
- Work with the specialists to reduce instances of fraud, identify areas of high fraud or dispute activity, and work in conjunction with the Fraud, CX and OPS teams to improve fraud detection, dispute reduction and loss and abuse prevention
- Regularly educate specialists and investigators on fraud and dispute activity and associated behaviors to ensure consistency
- Review all escalated disputes on a daily basis in a timely manner, adhering to company service level agreements
- Assist in reviewing and analyzing orders, working disputes, resolving tickets and handling customer inquiries.
- Serve as subject matter expert as well as the first point of contact internally and externally across departments in reviewing transactions, troubleshooting issues and handling escalations.
- Streamline processes to ensure consistency across all platforms
- Create and maintain insightful tracking and reporting for specialists performance reviews, team efficiency and department effectiveness. Provide weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting to senior management and finance. Maintain a dispute and recovery rate of at or below goals.
- Leverage various data points and data sets to drive decisions and understand, summarize and communicate the financial and customer impact on the business and respective goals
- Provide detailed analysis of disputes to provide insight into potential areas of improvement, helping to scale and automate fraud and dispute flow.
- Assist in communicating the fraud and dispute process and desired product and process improvements with senior management, fraud, customer service and other cross-functional teams to improve the user experience. Create and manage projects from conception to completion.
- Ensure that customers are receiving the best service across fraud and dispute-related touchpoints
We are looking for:
- 3+ years of experience managing fraud and disputes teams in e-commerce fraud and payments environments
- A proven people manager who closely monitors team performance while building camaraderie, maintaining team morale and motivating others to continuously improve their KPIs
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to think analytically (and teach others to do so as well) and drive informed, accurate decisions
- Ability to thrive and drive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and maintain efficiency with minimal errors
- Highly organized and focused on meeting critical deadlines on short timelines
- Self-starter and comfortable taking initiative while quickly grasping concepts, processes and ideas
- Experience working directly with consumers and internal customer support teams
- Willingness to go the extra mile to ensure that we provide the best consumer experience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written