As the Director, Pricing Strategy, you will create and own Checkr’s pricing roadmap with a focus on cohesive execution and optimal growth through pricing throughout the revenue engine. This role is critical in working closely with cross-functional stakeholders to execute and deliver on all pricing related projects to achieve our growth targets. This is a high visibility role requiring significant interaction with the field, cross functional teams, and executive leadership.
What you’ll do
- Create and own a pricing roadmap, and evolve the roadmap based on emerging business needs and stakeholder feedback
- Collaborate extensively with sales, finance, marketing and product teams on developing and implementing competitive pricing strategies and discount guidance
- Manage and drive major initiatives inclusive of pricing research, pricing for new products, price changes for customer segments, pricing & billing systems builds, and pricing & billing operations enhancements
- Plan and implement price changes for chosen customer segments, ensuring seamless implementation and excellent customer communications. Track and report on impact of pricing changes
- Partner closely with the Product and Systems teams to ensure discounting analytics are linked to our product pricing
- Tracking customer engagement to develop effective pricing strategies for products and offerings
- Responsible for observing marketplace trends in our industry, tracking to average supply chain margins,and identifying opportunities to improve our competitive performance through pricing strategy, with continued focus on customer willingness to pay
- Work closely with cross-functional stakeholders to plan and implement operational changes in the way we manage pricing and billing, relating to deal desk operations, manual billing adjustments, special price offers, etc.
What you bring
- 7+ years of experience in a B2B software pricing in pricing strategy, strategic consulting, pricing consulting or a related role, required
- 3+ years of experience in consumption based pricing, required
- 3+ years people management experience, required
- 5+ years experience working with and with deep technical knowledge of pricing and billing related systems including Salesforce, Zuora, Stripe, etc., as well as home-grown pricing and billing system
- Salesforce CPQ working experience, required
- Deep knowledge of pricing research methodologies, and strategic pricing frameworks in a B2B software environment
- Strong financial modeling and data analysis experience to support data-driven decision making
- Advanced ability to present pricing analysis reports to relevant stakeholders
- Proven track record of building cross-functional alignment and partnership, and managing complex projects requiring communication with many involved stakeholders
- Self-starter with a strong willingness to roll up your sleeves and execute, planning and executing on a roadmap of pricing initiatives
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to build productive trust-based relationships with internal stakeholders, able to discuss issues with clarity and diplomacy
- Track record of unearthing pricing insights, making pricing recommendations, and managing pricing changes, resulting in significant revenue impact
What you’ll get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to $25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
One of Checkr’s core values is Transparency. To live by that value, we’ve made the decision to disclose salary ranges in all of our job postings. We use geographic cost of labor as an input to develop ranges for our roles and as such, each location where we hire may have a different range. If this role is remote, we have listed the top to the bottom of the possible range, but we will specify the target range for an exact location when you are selected for a recruiting discussion. For more information on our compensation philosophy, see our website.
The salary range for this role is $147,904 to $307,855.