Mozilla Corporation is the non-profit-backed technology company behind pioneering brands like Firefox, the privacy-minded web browser, and Pocket, the content discovery platform. More than 270 million people around the world use its products each month.Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff are driven by our vision of becoming the trusted guide to a joyful internet. We design, build and distribute software that enables people to enjoy the internet on their terms.
This is a new role partnering with our Chief Product Officer to accelerate the growth and impact of Mozilla’s existing products while setting the foundation for new product development. You will have an opportunity to drive significant impact at a time when Mozilla is positioned to build software that is unambiguously good for the world at scale. You’ll do this by developing a team of People Business Partners and bringing your thought leadership in organizational effectiveness, talent development, and leadership coaching.
If you’re interested in helping us take on some of the internet’s biggest challenges — openness, accessibility, safety, privacy, security, interoperability, individual agency and more, we look forward to learning more about you!
- Build strategic alignment across business and people imperatives so your team can do their best work and are recognized as trusted advisors and embedded leaders.
- Deliver scalable people programs using user centered design (e.g. inclusion programs, performance management, engagement survey planning, talent development, culture transformation initiatives, job architecture, etc.)
- Lead effective organizational and cultural change that will enable a deep and sustained adoption of our multi-year people roadmap.
- Gain a detailed understanding of our product vision and overall business strategy to provide insight into organizational needs and talent priorities
- Be a thought partner and advisor to the Mozprod and Firefox leadership teams, with the intention to grow manager effectiveness and operational depth at all levels
- Champion and instill guiding principles for PBPs that include balanced advocacy, courage, and curiosity, and partner with legal counsel to address complex employee relations issues underpinned by investments in strengthening our culture
- Partner with functional leaders and our inclusion, diversity, equity and accountability (IDEA) team to deliver talent plans that position us for long-term success while deepening our team’s sense of belonging
- Collaborate with People Science to help leaders proactively discuss trends and integrate people insights into data-informed decisions
What You’ll Bring
- 12+ years of progressive experience as an HRBP working with senior executives in product, technology, or engineering functions, ideally with 5+ years building and developing HRBP teams in environments of high growth and transformation
- Ability to flex between strategic, analytical, and creative thinking while rolling your sleeves up to deliver on priorities
- You’re energized by sophisticated problems yet drive towards simple and effective solutions with experience building people programs from ground up and seeing them at scale
- A curious and consultative approach and while balancing inquiry, facilitation, and strong recommendations when needed
- A history of establishing and building positive relationships across all levels of the organization, within and outside of the HR function
- First principles thinking, with the ability to see possibilities from constraints and ask hard questions
- A generative and courageous leadership style that invites everyone to uphold intellectual honesty, set the standard, and speak up!
- You know when processes enable scale and equity and when we should weigh people over process.
- You draw from a mix of logic, intuition, analytics, and experience to create new insights!