Blockstream was founded in 2014 by Dr. Adam Back and a group of fellow cryptographers and engineers passionate about Bitcoin and its potential to change the future of finance. Focusing on building fundamental Bitcoin infrastructure, Blockstream quickly grew into one of the leading technology powerhouses of the industry.
Through our sidechain technology (the Liquid Network), wallets (Blockstream Green, Blockstream Jade, AQUA), mining colocation (Blockstream Mining), satellite network (Blockstream Satellite), and protocol contributions (Bitcoin research, c-lightning), we are proud to be making global peer-to-peer finance a reality.
In this role, you will coordinate Blockstream’s marketing efforts to grow our user and client base across our wide range of product and service offerings.
- Set marketing strategy goals, KPIs, and track success
- Coordinate announcements for company developments and new product launches
- Maintain relationships with both trade media and mainstream media to maximize coverage
- Manage internal marketing resources including content writing, design, and translation
- Manage external marketing resources including freelancers and PR agencies
- Maintain brand guidelines and train Blockstream employees on communications
- Manage conference speaker attendance and sponsorships
- Produce content for website and sales materials
- Craft and send regular newsletters with company updates
- Represent the company on professional platforms including podcasts and social media
- 3+ years of marketing/communication experience from a high-tech, financial (fintech preferred, Bitcoin industry is a huge plus), or security space
- Extensive Bitcoin industry knowledge and experience; at the very minimum, we expect you to regularly participate in the Bitcoin events, meetups, and closely follow the industry news
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Up-to-date awareness of the Bitcoin ecosystem and its communities
- Understanding of basic Bitcoin software and infrastructure (e.g., can set up a Bitcoin node and connect a wallet to it)
- Familiarity with B2B and B2C advertising campaigns
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and SEO
- Experience running marketing campaigns on social media
- Familiarity with graphic design software (Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Hands-on experience with web content management tools (WordPress, Medium)
- Advanced degree in marketing, communications, public relations, or MBA