Cortico is seeking an experienced Director of Marketing and Communications to join our dynamic team. Reporting to our CEO, this role is instrumental in shaping the future of our brand and communications strategy, focusing on elevating our Fora platform and expanding our partnerships – through top-of-funnel marketing – across all verticals including local government, youth, and workplaces. Collaboration with our partnerships, product and development teams, MIT’s Center for Constructive Communication, and other key stakeholders is crucial in this role.
The annual compensation range for this role is $100,000 – $125,000 and we have competitive benefits which can be found here. Unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
About our culture
Cortico’s team is kind, collaborative, inquisitive and inclusive. We have high standards for quality and ethics, and help each other learn in order to reach our objectives. We think technology is best built by teams with a diversity of background, thought and experience. Every team member is a human first, and we strive to create a culture and environment that supports your career goals and respects all of the hats you wear in life, not just the ones that earn you a paycheck.
- You’ve read about our vision and values and they strongly align with yours
- You’re excited to leverage your unparalleled expertise and creativity in marketing and communications to catapult our mission into the spotlight
- You’re highly creative, regularly thinking about innovative ideas that support marketing and communications strategies
- You’re a natural storyteller, understanding the importance of narrative across all mediums
- You stay close to trends, regularly consult data to assess how strategy is working
- You’re an expert communicator across a range of written, visual, and aural mediums
- You’re a skilled collaborator with the ability to coordinate and motivate multidisciplinary teams
- You actively build community, naturally speaking to partners and other stakeholders in your messaging
- You are a master of social media platforms, effectively using them to tell stories
- You’re naturally inquisitive and curious; a lifelong student excited to learn from your teammates and users
- 5-8 years progressive experience in marketing & communications, including 2-3 years experience in a leadership role
- 2-3 years supervisory experience
- Proven experience in a similar role, preferably in a tech-focused environment with top-of-funnel marketing needs
- Strong understanding of brand development and multi-channel marketing strategies
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across teams and with external partners
- A strategic thinker who is also capable of hands-on execution
- Collaborative Strategy and Implementation: Engage in a close partnership with the CEO to co-develop and refine strategic direction and provide hands-on implementation of a communication and marketing plan that strengthens Cortico’s brand and supports the organization’s programmatic and fundraising objectives.
- Brand and Communications Management: Oversee, enhance, and measure the success of the organization’s brand and communication strategies, ensuring they align with our mission and values. Create and maintain internal resources, such as branding and style guides, to support all Cortico teams in upholding brand voice and integrity.
- Partnership Growth Support: Play a pivotal role in supporting the partnership team through top-of-funnel marketing strategies that build momentum with key verticals, increase brand awareness among youth, civic and workplace leaders, and highlight successful Fora use cases.
- Product Marketing: Lead the marketing of platform services, packages, and the promotion of our self-service products, from awareness to partnership conversion without requiring extensive onboarding. With support from the Cortico Product team, coordinate go-to-market activities, such as the announcement of new platform features.
- Development Support: Work closely with the VP of Development to align marketing strategies with fundraising efforts and overall organizational goals.
- Website Development: Spearhead the creation and management of an engaging, informative website that reflects our brand and serves as a key resource for current and potential partners.
- Media and Public Relations: Maintain and strengthen a positive public presence for Cortico across various social media channels and media outlets, identifying and maximizing communication opportunities. Build Cortico relationships with influencers and thought leaders to leverage our reach to potential partners and donors.
- Cultivating Team Excellence: Foster a positive and inclusive organizational culture; manage and mentor direct report.
- Collaboration with MIT’s Center for Constructive Communication (CCC): Ensure constant and effective coordination with CCC, aligning our strategies and initiatives with their expertise and resources.