Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
DigitalOcean (NYSE: DOCN) simplifies cloud computing so builders can spend more time creating software that changes the world. With our mission-critical infrastructure and fully managed offerings, DigitalOcean enables startups and small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) to rapidly deploy and scale modern applications. As a remote-first organization, our employees, like our customers, are based around the world.
We want a gifted marketing leader who is passionate about the AI/ML space
We are seeking a growth-minded leader to represent DigitalOcean in the AI/ML space and lead our efforts to drive awareness, conversion and usage amongst businesses and individual developers for DigitalOcean’s AI/ML portfolio of products and solutions. You understand both Product-Led Growth (PLG) and the AI/ML space and – guiding your own team of marketers while collaborating closely with our AI/ML-focused Product and GTM teams – will lead DigitalOcean’s efforts in this space. This is an exciting opportunity to make your mark in an emerging and dynamic space!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Drive growth in awareness and customer acquisition and engagement across the entire customer lifecycle: Identify opportunities and develop and execute growth strategies across appropriate acquisition channels (e.g., organic, paid, referrals) and appropriate customer lifecycle stages (e.g., awareness, consideration / trial, retention and expansion) in order to grow revenue in the AI/ML.
- Understand and report on the AI/ML customer acquisition funnel: Working with our analytics teams, understand and track key drivers for awareness-building and conversion improvements across the entire customer lifecycle for DigitalOcean’s AI/ML portfolio
- Collaborate with our Go-To-Market team to ensure customer success: Working with GTM team to ensure clear hand-offs in the customer experience around onboarding, success, retention and expansion to drive revenue.
- Lead a marketing team: Direct and coach a team of marketers focused on AI/ML to deliver sterling results.
- Build and manage the budgets, systems and processes to deliver growth: Build and establish relationships with internal teams to build scalable systems and processes for the AI/ML Marketing team to deliver growth.
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Growth mindset: Willingness to roll your sleeves up and build a program from the ground up in an exciting and emerging space
- Strong understanding and involvement in the AI/ML community: Strong knowledge where AI/ML builders go to find solutions to their problems, tools they use, and groups they belong to. Willingness and ability to be the face of AI/ML to our customers. Understanding of developer frameworks and languages, specifically as it applies to AI/ML and related infrastructure needs is a plus.
- Track record in leading marketing teams to grow revenue: Deep expertise in marketing and leading teams of marketers to utilize marketing levers to deliver revenue and customer acquisition growth. Experience with Product-Led Growth (PLG) is a plus.
- Customer empathy: Ability to relate to the challenges of direct customers and speak to their needs across the entire customer lifecycle.
- Strong project management experience: Ability to follow internal processes and keep moving multiple projects through the pipeline simultaneously.
- Track record of building internal processes and systems: Understanding of internal requirements to facilitate growth of the marketing engine.
- Collaborative expertise: A proven track record of working cross-functionally to enable shipping campaigns..
- Analytical acumen: Experience using reporting tools (Looker a plus) to gather insights, and strong presentation skills to translate insights into narratives.
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We reward our employees. The base salary range for this position is between $175,000-$205,000 based on relevant years of experience and skills. The salary range for this role is specific to candidates located within the U.S. and will vary for candidates outside the U.S.. The salary range for this position is based on relevant years of experience and skills. Employees may qualify for a bonus in addition to base salary; bonus amounts are determined based on company and individual performance. We also provide equity compensation to eligible employees including grants of equity upon hire and the option to participate in our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging our teams and employees to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship and other internal programs. We provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your well-being. In addition to cash and equity compensation, we also offer employees a competitive array of benefits. In the United States, these include health insurance, unlimited vacation, retirement benefits, a generous parental leave program, and additional resources to support employees’ overall well-being. While the philosophy around our benefits is the same worldwide, specific benefits may vary in other countries due to local regulations and preferences.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.