The Director of License Compliance serves as a subject matter expert, the owner of America’s Compliance Program, and the primary responsible for ongoing holding company oversight of the Compliance functions of US Subsidiaries engaged in sales. This position interacts with all corporate management and personnel.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF OUR DIRECTOR OF LICENSE COMPLIANCE:
- Maintains awareness of existing and proposed legislation, regulatory announcements, and industry practices and helps businesses develop and implement procedures to meet these requirements
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develops/implements corrective action plans to resolve problematic issues and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future
- Monitors the performance of the Compliance Program and related activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness. Provides reporting on a regular basis and as directed or requested to keep Senior Management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts
- Assist annually in reviewing and revising Altium’s contract templates
- Provide advice, guidance, and negotiating and drafting support to colleagues with strategic commercial contracts to achieve commercially practical solutions
- Manages control process validation to ensure compliance with laws, rules, and regulations
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s Degree: Business, Finance, or equivalent field, or equivalent work experience is required.
- Work Experience – 12+ years; Compliance, Legal, or Regulatory experience
- Minimum of 7 years of paralegal experience with an in-house legal department or law firm.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with attention to detail while working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to deliver results with a sense of urgency.
- A collaborative team player who can leverage resources and tools to accomplish objectives.
- Excellent time management, organizational, problem-solving, and research skills.
- Ability to exercise sound business judgment and discretion and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional and positive demeanor.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy, proficient with numbers and basic calculations.
- Proven ability to problem-solve and synthesize information quickly and be familiar with G-Suite, Microsoft Office, Slack, Zoom, Adobe Acrobat, DocuSign, and legal research and software applications.
The salary range for this role is $195,000 to $230,000. Actual compensation packages within this range are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate and role requirements, including but not limited to skill set, years and depth of experience, certifications, and specific location.
- 🏥 Healthcare coverage
- 🤓 Prescription drug, vision, and dental plans
- 💸 HSA and FSA accounts
- ❤️ Life and AD&D insurance; disability coverage where applicable
- 🌅 Retirement 401(k) Plan Option with Altium match
- 🧘 Calm App and Employee Assistance Program
- 🏖 Paid holidays plus a “Choice Day” off per quarter
- ✈️ Paid time-off rising schedule upon key milestones
- 🤒 Sick time for Dr. appointments or family health needs
- 👶 Family medical, maternity, paternity, and military leave
- 🏡 Flexible working arrangements available based on role and location
- 🖥 Home internet allowance
- 🥪 Free lunch, snacks and drinks every day in office
- 🚗 Free parking
🎯 WHAT MATTERS TO US
- BIG-THINKING in pursuit of purpose
- DIVERSITY of thought
- COURAGE of conviction
- TRANSPARENCY of intent
- INGENUITY of AND
- AGILITY in action
- ADAPTABILITY of approach
- GRIT in pursuit of mission