This is a unique opportunity to lead and grow the partnerships team at ConvertKit, a company dedicated to empowering creators. As the Director of Creator Partnerships, you will play a pivotal role in fostering relationships, driving revenue growth, and expanding our network of partnerships. Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, you will not only lead the partnerships team but also take charge of building strategic alliances within the creator community.
This role requires a dynamic and proactive individual who can seamlessly blend partnership leadership with strategic alliances, ultimately contributing to ConvertKit’s mission of helping creators earn a living. If you are passionate about driving success externally, we invite you to join our team.
- Lead from the front: You will lead all aspects of Sales and Implementations functions, but we are also looking for a leader who is excited to engage with partners, source deals, meet creators in person, and host monthly dinners in addition to leading and growing a successful team. Building real relationships with our top creators is key.
- Partnership and Agency focus: Build relationships with key agencies housing various creator types (authors, podcasters, talent etc.) and develop and nurture relationships with integration companies. The ideal candidate should focus on cross-selling and forming partnerships with other platforms.
- Liaison to the broader team: Partner with Product Marketing to develop a strong creator-focused narrative for Sales. Drive growth via strong partnerships with Brand, Marketing, and Customer Experience. Maintain a managerial relationship while collaborating with other managers and directors at ConvertKit.
Measures of Success:
- Drive Deal Volume: Lead in sourcing and closing deals, contributing significantly to the overall deal volume.
- Partnership Impact: Measure the impact of cross-selling efforts and partnerships with other platforms, integration companies, and creator-focused agencies.
- Leadership through Action: A track record of leading from the front, and actively participating in deal sourcing.
- Creator Community Fluency: Fluent in the creator community with the ability to connect with top creators on a peer-to-peer level.
- Network Building: Demonstrated success in building and leveraging networks within the creator and SaaS communities.
- Partnership Expertise: Proven experience in forming and maintaining partnerships with integration companies and creator-focused agencies.
Compensation + Perk + Benefits
ConvertKit has standardized salaries based on position, no matter where you live. For this role, we’re hiring at our level M4, Sr Manager ($175,000) or level M5 Director ($205,000). Level is determined based on experience and our interview process.
Other benefits include:
- Profit Sharing
- Twenty (20) days of paid time off during each year of employment
- Paid paid vacation: An after-tax bonus of $1,000 for taking five consecutive days of vacation where you’re fully unplugged from work
- Ten paid holidays a year
- Winter Break Closure: The company will be closed from Christmas through New Year’s, allowing for additional paid time off to enjoy the holiday season. Essential support services will remain available, with teams coordinating to ensure coverage during this period
- Monthly medical benefits up to $1,850 a month toward premiums. Dental and vision premiums covered 100%
- Two weeks of paid sick time each year, including mental health + well being days
- Twelve (12) weeks paid parental leave and flexible scheduling in your child’s first year
- Childcare benefit up to $3,000 annually
- Up to six weeks of paid bereavement leave, medical leave, and disaster after six months of employment, two weeks of each paid leave in your first six months
- Gender affirming benefits
- $4,000 equipment allowance for your first two years, $3,000 budget every following two years
- Individual learning + development budget ($3,500/year)
- Four-week, paid sabbatical after five years with the team
- Fantastic in-person or virtual retreats with the team twice a year
How to Apply
We know that most people hate interviewing (we relate!). We aim to make it as good of an experience as we can, and part of that includes keeping you informed during the process.
Here’s what you can expect from the process:
- 30 min – Recruiter screen
- 45 min – Hiring Manager screen
- 90 min – Working session with the team
- 60 min – Culture Contribution Chat
- 30 min- Wrap up with Hiring Manager