We are seeking an experienced and passionate storyteller with proven innovative communication strategy skills to join us as the Director of Communications and PR. Reporting to the Head of Brand, your role will be to increase brand awareness and drive growth. You’ll drive how Spring Health effectively communicates with different audiences, respond quickly and strategically to news and events, and manage multiple projects with competing deadlines. You’ll work cross-functionally to develop and execute communication strategies. A deep understanding of multi-stakeholder marketing and PR across both B2B and B2C frameworks is a must, along with a passion for mental health.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive communications and PR strategy that aligns with our business goals and amplifies our mission.
- Partner closely with our CMO and Head of Brand to ensure the stories we are leading in the category align with our brand objectives and move our category forward.
- Identify key messages and narratives to position Spring Health as a leader in the mental health industry.
- Foster relationships with media outlets, journalists, and influencers to increase brand visibility and thought leadership.
- Support our ambitious GTM calendar and oversee the creation of press releases, articles, and media kits.
- Monitor digital trends and leverage new platforms to enhance our online credibility and strength.
- Anticipate and manage communications during crises, maintaining the company’s reputation and stakeholder trust.
- Lead, mentor, and grow the communications/PR team.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including marketing, sales, and product development.
What we expect from you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or related field preferred.
- Experience in communications and/or public relations, with at least 2 years in a leadership role.
- Proven track record in developing and executing successful communication strategies.
- Strong network of media contacts and influencers.
- Experience in the healthcare or mental health industry is preferred.
- Proficient in digital communication tools and social media platforms.
- Experience navigating challenges that may arise to support the business with a sense of urgency and confidentiality.
- Excellent analytical skills: highly proficient in rapid situational assessments, drawing conclusions, and presenting insights for action.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to present in meetings.
- Strong project and time management skills and the ability to organize and assist team members in the prioritization of workload.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, highly collaborative, and uncompromising in delivering a best-in-class experience.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively influence and manage high-performing teams and interact with individuals at all levels throughout the company.
The target salary range for this position is $149,900-$194,950