DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they agree. Our flagship product, eSignature, is the world’s #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from virtually anywhere, at any time. Today, more than a million customers and a billion users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people’s lives.
What you’ll do
The Director of Change Management plays a key role in ensuring that cross functional finance projects and initiatives meet objectives on time and on budget by increasing employee adoption and usage. This role focuses on the people side of change, which involves preparing, supporting and equipping people to adopt and use changes to business processes, systems and technology, job roles, organization structures, and more.
One of the primary responsibilities of this team member is to develop and implement change management strategies and plans that maximize employee adoption and usage of required changes. These responsibilities also include plans and efforts to anticipate and minimize resistant behaviors from employees and stakeholders who are impacted by the changes. The goal is to drive faster adoption, higher ultimate utilization of changes, and proficiency with the changes that impact employees who must use the changes in their daily work. These improvements increase automation, internal customer satisfaction, benefit realization, value creation, ROI, and the achievement of project results and outcomes.
This role will need to effectively partner and collaborate with many others in the organization to succeed. Acting as a coach for senior leaders and executives, the Director of Change Management helps them fulfill the critical role of change management sponsor. The Change Manager may support and coach people managers and supervisors as they help their teams through their transitions. Similarly, the Change Manager supports project managers and project teams to integrate change management activities with their project plans.
This position is an individual contributor role reporting to the Vice President, Business Transformation.
- Leverage a change management methodology, process and tools to create a strategy to support adoption of the changes required by a project or initiative
- Enable the design, development, delivery and management of key communications
- Conduct impact analyses, assess change readiness, and identify key stakeholders
- Provide input, document requirements, and support the design and delivery of training programs
- Identify, analyze and prepare risk mitigation tactics, and manage anticipated and persistent resistance
- Integrate change management activities into a project plan
- Define and measure success metrics and monitor change progress
- Propose, close, and deliver finance transformation roadmap for technologies and platforms across our DocuSign Finance portfolio to drive a modernization agenda
- Lead or manage the Docusign Finance activities on a high-complexity, transformational, or program-wide change
- Work in concert with the Docusign Finance team to help mature the discipline through observation of areas in need of improvement and suggestions for maturing the processes or tools.
- Assess audience readiness for change, including identifying people-side risks and anticipated points of resistance, and evaluate the results and present findings
- Develop an actionable change management strategy for change based on situational awareness
- Develop and manage communication and training plans that utilize various channels and are consumable by specific audiences
- Oversee development of training materials or coordinate with training resources to help ensure users have the knowledge and ability necessary to successfully adopt the implemented changes; deliver training as needed
- Identify resistance and/or performance gaps, and work to develop and implement responsive actions
Remote:Employee is not required to be in or near an office frequentlyand works from a designated remote work location for the majority of thetime.
Positions at DocuSign are assigned a job designation of either In Office, Hybrid or Remote and are specific to the role/job. Preferred job designations are not guaranteed when changing positions within DocuSign. DocuSign reserves the right to change a position’s job designation depending on business needs and as permitted by local law.
What you bring
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience leading organizational change management for large enterprise company
- 15+ years of experience supporting an organizational change management effort
- Extensive experience in IT Consulting or IT Management Consulting with regional or global consulting firm (Big 5 or boutiques) with delivery and business development success and growth
- Established experience combining consulting, sales, and delivery; experience delivering workshops, assessments, strategies, roadmaps, designs, and deployment plans
- Experience creating and executing client transformation programs to drive strategies, optimization, and modernization
- A solid understanding of how people go through a change and the change process
- Experience with and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent active listening skills
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics
- Problem solving and root-cause identification skills
- Able to work effectively at all levels of an organization
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts
- Change management certification or designation desired
- Track record of developing and expanding client relationships with executive focus, proven ability to present strategic content and drive transformation across a broad range of stakeholders (executive, tech, etc.)
- Differentiated industry expertise in enterprise software subscription business
- Formal training in an organizational change methodology
- Ability to develop and deliver clear, concise training materials
- Strong meeting facilitation and presentation skills
Based on applicable legislation, the below details pay ranges in the following locations:
California: $165,800 – $265,625 base salary
Illinois and Colorado: $157,900 – $234,275 base salary
Washington and New York (including NYC metro area): $157,900 – $234,275 base salary
This role is also eligible for bonus, equity and