Who Are We?
At Moonshot Brands, we are on a mission to empower entrepreneurs and brands to grow successful ecommerce businesses and to create happy successful entrepreneurs.
We are Moonshot Brands a company backed by some of the world’s most prominent venture capitalists and Y-combinator, who back some of the most well know technology companies and e-commerce brands on the planet, including Airbnb, DoorDash, Stripe, Coinbase, Instacart, Dropbox, Faire, Brex, Twitch, Truepill, Lambda School, Vidyard, Nurx and Clearbanc. We acquire, operate, and grow profitable e-commerce brands that sell on Amazon and DTC and empower happy entrepreneurs who can either join our company or sell their company to us and move on and free-up to pursue their next business. We provide the industry-leading data, powerful tools, and a playbook to help companies reach the next level.
We know how to optimize and run these businesses better than anyone else because we’ve run and sold five of them. As entrepreneurs ourselves, we are building the acquisition process that we would have loved to experience when we sold our businesses in the past. Our founding team members are serial entrepreneurs with 5 exits, including an online used car marketplace, Shift.com now listed on the NASDAQ and an e-commerce site, focused on home goods acquired by a private equity firm. The founders are Wharton and MIT graduates who have deep E-commerce, Technology, M&A, Finance, and Hedge Fund experience including Bridgewater Associates, McKinsey, and Airbnb. We are building the world’s best team to build a company by operators for operators as we know we will build the company that changes the entire e-commerce landscape and would love to add the best like-minded people to our dream team.
If you’d like to be part of this Moonshot which will be a fun fast-paced rocket-ship that will change the future of e-commerce brands and you think you can keep up and add significant value to our mission we’d love to hear from you.
Moonshot Brands is looking for a Director of Business Development who is self-starter with high energy to lead the in house sales team and BDRs. The role involves leading the Business Development Representatives (BDRs) team responsible for identifying and creating new qualified acquisitions opportunities and target accounts for the Moonshot Brands deals team. The BDR team will become a trusted resource and the face of Moonshot Brands with targets, acting as the initial point of contact with the company owners and entrepreneurs. This role will be primarily focused on researching and building target accounts and being provided leads and performing outreach through; email phone calls and social channels to owners and on managing the process from due diligence to closing of deals and to build a team around you that amplifies our outreach and acquisitions.
- Leading and building the BDR team that promotes and markets Moonshot Brands acquisitions business through extensive and persistent outreach calls and communication(s) to prospective clients using (email marketing leads will be provide to you and your team)
- Scheduling initial prospecting meetings
- Researching and evaluating additional leads/prospects through web research
- Making sure the team meets or exceed the assigned quota of outreach touches per week
- Working together with the Deals and Marketing teams to evolve outbound prospecting strategy
- Maintaining all activities in CRM and overseeing key KPIs
What You Bring
- Experience leading inside sales or business development teams, related sales experience 5+ years B2B or SMB
- Ability to assist in coordinating sales functions including prospecting and leads research
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to develop rapport, influence others and maintain strong working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to explain complex issues clearly
- Experience building and leading sales team that are very driven by metrics and execution
Moonshot Brands is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin.