LeafLink is seeking a highly skilled and experienced leader who will take charge of and lead operations efforts for our industry-leading financial service offerings. As a key member of our growing team, the ideal candidate will play a crucial role in guaranteeing the efficient, compliant, and customer-centric delivery of our financial services. This role is highly collaborative and requires a strong leader with exceptional organizational and strategic skills, along with a deep understanding of the financial services and banking industry. As the director, your contribution will be instrumental in maintaining the seamless operation of our financial services offering, ultimately driving our organization’s growth, compliance, and overall success.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Oversee operational aspects of relationships with third-party entities, including payment processors, technology platforms, financial institutions, and other service providers.
- Ensure effective collaboration and adherence to vendor service level agreements (SLAs).
- Develop comprehensive operating procedures and workflows for various stakeholders involved in the initiative.
- Collaborate with cross-departmental teams (compliance and customer support) to gather input and create a holistic plan for addressing customer inquiries, compliance issues, and inbound requests.
- Establish clear operating procedures to facilitate the resolution of compliance-related issues.
- Provide support for customer inquiries related to payment processing.
- Document procedures for addressing and rectifying customer issues promptly and effectively.
- Manage general customer account administration and reporting activities.
- Oversee the onboarding of new service users.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations, as well as compliance with LeafLink’s third parties.
- Monitor the issuance of reports and statements to customers, verifying their compliance with regulatory requirements and terms of service agreements.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- 5+ years of experience in financial services and/or fintech
- Proven track record history of outstanding performance in financial service operations, including a background in managing third-party relationships, supporting customers, and possessing functional expertise in the payments industry and compliance
- Exceptional leadership, team management, and organizational skills
- Proficiency in creating and documenting operating procedures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Deep understanding of financial regulations and compliance requirements
- Customer-centric mindset with a commitment to issue resolution
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite tools including Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth, rapidly changing environment that requires tenacity to exploit opportunities and a steady demeanor to handle challenges
- You are the poster child for the startup hustle: change is your only constant, no challenge is too big, and no task is too small
- Self-motivated and excited by the potential to own what you do, you have the willingness to learn and adapt as needed
- Ability to work well independently as well as with other members of the team, both in person and remotely
- Experience growing customer knowledge and relationships in complex accounts
- Problem solver and builder mindset with a strong ability to work cross-functionally to deliver results
LeafLink Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO – you’re going to be working hard so enjoy time off with no cap!
- A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in LeafLink’s success
- 5 Days of Volunteer Time Off (VTO) – giving back is important to us and we want our employees to prioritize cultivating a better community
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Commuter Benefits through our Flexible Spending Account
LeafLink’s employee-centric culture has earned us a coveted spot on BuiltInNYC’s Best Places to Work for in 2021 list. Learn more about LeafLink’s history and the path to our First Billion in Wholesale Cannabis Orders here.