PandaDoc is looking for a Director of Accounting with excellent operational accounting and process transformation skills to lead our Corporate Accounting and Close process. You will oversee the month-end close of the GL and international consolidation process. You will also lead the design and implementation of steps needed to make the existing accounting processes “Public Company ready” and able to handle complexity at scale. You will report to the Vice President, Corporate Controller and manage a team of accountants, financial system analyst, payroll analyst and tax consultants. You will have experience working in high-growth public company environments and scaling accounting workflows through system implementation, automation, and a global workforce.
- Lead and coach the Corporate Accounting team.
- Set the short, medium and long-term strategy for your team (people, process and systems) including automation projects and international corporate accounting strategy.
- Oversee month-end close including reviewing journal entries, account reconciliations, flux analysis, and controls. Ensure bookkeeping performed across entities is consistent and in compliance with US GAAP.
- Be responsible for our monthly and quarterly corporate financial statement consolidation process and preparation of month end reporting package for the board and investors
- Provide ad hoc support for technical accounting, policy, and reporting inquiries
- Work closely and support the FP&A function in month end management reporting
- Support global accounting teams in analysis and resolution of accounting, control or audit issues and finance/accounting analysis of significant new, unusual or complex transactions
- Manage the US payroll process and execute controls developed in that area
- Drive process improvements and contribute to accounting transformation projects including managing the accounting systems and the various integrations
- Design accounting policies and internal controls, ensure procedures are documented and SOPs are updated.
- Bachelor’s degree with a major or emphasis in Accounting or related field from an accredited college or university.
- A CPA license and at least 5 years of related work experience with a mix of both public accounting and Industry accounting. A background working in public SaaS companies is required .
- At least 5 years of progressive management experience with experience leading and developing teams.
- US GAAP and SOX controls expertise and ability to operationalize accounting guidance into policy.
- Hands-on experience with Netsuite preferred.
- Excellent project management skills with prior system implementation experience. Shared service experience is preferred .
- Navigate an evolving ecosystem of accounting issues while focusing work on high risk areas, prioritizing, and resolving issues.
- Advanced spreadsheet skills (can maintain complex spreadsheets) and are comfortable analyzing large datasets to make informed conclusions.
- You embrace and advocate the PandaDoc culture and values .