Trust & Safety is at the core of our efforts to keep Twitch a welcoming and safe place for people to build safe and inclusive communities that help diverse, global creators to flourish.
Reporting to the SVP of Customer Trust, as the Director, Head of Global Policy you will work and influence the Twitch Executive team, legal, global regulators, content creators, risk management, advertisers, brand content policy, product managers, and researchers across the company to incorporate policy and privacy considerations into the products and services we’re developing at Twitch. You’ll serve as a subject matter expert for Twitch’s global policies and work with our Executives and global Trust and Safety team to evaluate, measure and lead global policy development.
For this role you will be an experienced leader who brings experience collaborating with a wide array of audiences and who works independently and switches easily between detailed work and high-level strategic thinking. You are expected to seek out and advise on complex decisions, and lead the right recommendations in a compelling way. You will develop strategic, multi-layered roadmaps that have objective, measurable success criteria that anticipate the gaps between teams, regulations, processes, and system architectures to help Twitch produce the best possible results to improve trust and clarity for our community.
You will have experience creating a safe and inclusive community and the capacity to maneuver through complex situations. You will demonstrate responsibility, with the ability to switch between high-level strategy and detailed execution. You will be dedicated to the mission of ensuring that Twitch remains a welcoming platform for diverse and global creators.
You can work remote in North America or hybrid, from an office in San Francisco, CA; Irvine, CA; Seattle, WA; London, UK.
- Influence Important partners: Work with executives, legal teams, regulators, content creators, advertisers, and more to incorporate policy considerations into Twitch’s offerings.
- Global Policy Expertise: Serve as a subject matter expert on global policies and lead global policy development.
- Develop Strategic Policies: Create policies that consider factors like regulation, product development, content strategy, and brand safety.
- Leadership: Collaborate across different departments and provide leadership to ensure understanding between teams, regulations, processes, and system architectures.
- Strategic Roadmapping: Develop clear, objective, and measurable strategic plans that anticipate gaps and challenges in the organization.
- BA/BS degree in a related field of study or subject matter experience in relevant fields, including trust and safety, policy, or legal within social media or technology industries
- Leadership Experience: A leader with 10+ years experience managing a global teams with the ability to work both at a high strategic level and in detailed, complex scenarios.
- Collaborative Mindset: Experience working with diverse partners, from executives to content creators
- Understanding of the Industry: Knowledge of regulation, product development, content strategy, brand safety, and community well-being in the context of online services like Twitch.
- International Experience: Experience in the international online service space, understanding multiple regulatory landscapes, cultural differences, and global content trends.
- Data Analysis Skills: Ability to identify and interpret content trends from user data, translating insights into strategies that align with community needs and corporate goals.
- Educational Background: Possession of a Juris Doctor (JD) degree, Master’s degree, or equivalent practical experience, underlining educational foundation in legal, business, or a related field.
- Negotiation and Collaboration Skills: Proficiency in negotiation, collaboration, and presentation, demonstrating the ability to build agreement, create partnerships, and with multiple partners.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Remote US Pay Per Year$145,000—$269,700 USD