We’re looking for a Director of Financial Planning and Analysis who’s excited to build a world-class forecasting process at Zapier. We are a fast-growing, profitable company so there are lots of interesting problems to solve in FP&A. If you love crunching numbers, in-depth financial analysis, and leading a cross-functional team, then read on…
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. We hope you’ll take the leap of faith and apply.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
This isn’t your first rodeo. You have 8+ years of FP&A experience, with knowledge of US Accounting laws
2+ years working in a SaaS environment
You are an effective team builder. You have a passion for mentoring people, developing talent and building a resilient team culture.
You’re highly organized, understand priorities, and thrive in a fast paced environment.
You have an entrepreneurial spirit. You’re a self-starter and thought leader. You have a desire to make high impact changes and challenge the status quo.
You’re resourceful. You love a challenge, and you enjoy getting creative to solve problems. You are highly adaptable and are energized by new challenges.
You love data. You analyze everything, look for trends, and always ask why.
Data drives your strategy. You can interpret a dataset and identify potential growth opportunities.
You care about the nitty gritty. You are detail-oriented and driven to understand every variance.
You’re eager to take on any project that comes your way no matter how big or how small.
You love to collaborate. You are excited to regularly connect with leadership and other stakeholders.
You’re an excellent communicator. You can explain complex ideas to senior business leaders through verbal and written communication.
Things You Might Do
Zapier is a small, fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you’ll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you’ll probably do:
- Manage our small, but growing FP&A team and Finance Data team.
- Own the end-to-end financial planning cycle on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Manage the preparation of board reporting, variance analysis, forecasting, and scenario planning.
- Develop and maintain complex financial models to provide meaningful insights and recommendations.
- Identify, evaluate, and advise on growth opportunities.
- Recommend productivity and cost saving initiatives based on detailed analysis.
- Find ways to improve our processes through automation and innovative new practices.
- Leverage BI tools to model our customer journey and interpret Key Performance metrics like churn and net revenue retention.
- Provide management with insights into leading indicators of revenue.
- Oversee the execution of our annual headcount plan.
- Drive ad hoc analysis to better understand customer activity (churn, credit card declines, country/currency analysis).
- Explain complex financial data in a simple way, across our transparent organization.
- Provide support to our Sr. Director of Finance and CFO on various projects.