- Taking a lead role in various finance/accounting related roles covering various areas
- Collaborate with team members inside and outside of finance/accounting
- Present project updates and findings to leadership
- Identify and eliminate roadblocks and obstacles
- Listen to, learn form, and partner with members of various departments to suggest solutions to complex problems
- Aid in integrations between our ERP and additional software tools to modernize and scale the business
- Provide ad hoc analysis support to business leaders and key partners for complex finance related operational questions
- Degree in accounting, business or finance
- 10+ years of experience in accounting or finance related field
- CPA, Big 4 accounting experience, and/or MBA preferred
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Proven expertise with Excel (combining large data sets, sumifs, index/match, vlookups, etc); Familiarity with SQL a plus
- Experience working with various financial systems, including Netsuite, Workday, Floqast,
- Blackline and Gsuite a plus
- Stakeholder management skills
- Excellent working knowledge of U.S. GAAP, direct business accounting experience
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.