The Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team at Reverb utilizes detailed modeling & analytics to generate financial & strategic insights that advise business decisions across the company. Ultimately, our work strengthens Reverb’s alignment of its strategic growth initiatives with its financial goals. We are a trusted partner to senior leaders and executives as we determine how Reverb invests in growth opportunities. Our mission is to efficiently tell the financial and operational story of what is transpiring in the world of Reverb — to teams, to senior management, and to the community.
As a trusted partner to the business, Reverb’s Director of FP&A will lead the FP&A team to support Reverb’s strategic, financial and operational goals. Foundational to the FP&A function is developing and implementing key financial processes and the analysis of our monthly operating results, forecasts, budgets, and the annual operating plan. The team also provides analytical support to cross-functional teams to help drive the company’s operating decisions and financial returns. The position requires an experienced financial and strategic minded leader capable of managing multiple priorities in a dynamic, rapidly growing organization who can partner across organizational and functional boundaries to drive projects to completion.
This is a full-time position located in Chicago, reporting to the CFO. We are open to remote hires within multiple states. Remote candidates must be committed to travel to Reverb’s Chicago office in line with company policy. Expectations may vary depending on the role and level. For candidates who will work remotely visit this link for a list of approved locations.
- Provide critical financial perspective and thought leadership for business strategies/decisions and build deep and trusted partnerships with senior leaders across the organization.
- Oversee the Reverb weekly, monthly and annual forecasting processes. Identify risks and opportunities and recommend strategies to achieve company financial goals (monthly, quarterly, annual, and long-term).
- Ensure consistent monthly, quarterly and annual communication of results, forecasts and action plans to executive management, department heads, and other business partners. Communicate timely recommendations for improvements that will lead to GMS and revenue growth, cost reduction, and streamlining operations.
- Advance the insight and understanding of business KPIs to drive further alignment and accountability across Reverb and provide data-driven analysis and recommendations for decision support.
- Grow, develop and mentor a growing team (currently 2 analysts).
- Manage and advise on special projects including growth opportunities and strategic partnerships.
- Own and improve current systems and processes to increase productivity and accuracy of the FP&A team.
- 10+ years in FP&A, Corporate Development, Management Consulting, Private Equity or a similar role. Prior experience in retail, e-commerce or internet/digital B2C business models is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree (ideally in Finance, Business, or related field.)
- Strategic thinker with excellent problem solving skills and the ability to effectively synthesize and communicate complex ideas.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way
- Willing to challenge the status quo; recommend and implement process improvements
- Strong interpersonal skills with a focus on teamwork in a fast-paced environment
- Expertise in excel/google sheets and powerpoint/keynote.
- Project management experience and the ability to lead projects to completion.
Reverb offers compensation packages that include base, bonus, and equity in the form of Etsy restricted stock units. Some of our key benefits include but are not limited to the following:
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their eligible dependents (you read it right: no premiums!)
- Life, AD&D, and supplemental long-and short-term disability insurance
- A matching 401(k)
- A generous PTO policy that includes vacation, sick/mental health days plus 11 paid holidays and two floating holidays.
- 18 weeks of gender-neutral parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child
- Up to $7,500 reimbursement of adoption-related expenses
- Paid sabbatical program
- Ways to give back to your community through a charitable contribution match and volunteer time off