We’re hiring a Director of Data to help us to continue to grow dbt into a data industry standard. Reporting to the CFO, this role will manage the internal data team at dbt Labs and drive some of the most cross cutting, foundational, and product focused data initiatives at the company. This includes responsibility for the internal dbt data project and the stack of data tools connected to dbt, key company metrics and org wide reporting, as well as product insights and a rapid cycle of feedback to engineering and product as a team of early feature testers.
You will partner with company leadership to drive data enablement / insights at the organization, as well as GTM, finance, product, engineering, and design leadership to drive rich insights into usage and opportunities for development of the product. As the Director of Data, you will be responsible for providing strategic leadership, vision, and direction to our data analysts and analytics engineering teams.
In this role, you can expect to:
- As the Head of Data, you’ll be part of a leadership team that drives our overall company strategy!
- You will be responsible for providing strategic leadership, vision, and direction to our data analysts and analytics engineering team (a team dedicated to our company platform and infrastructure as well as several embedded teammates)
- Drive and execute our “dbt Labs on dbt” initiative – an internal dog-fooding strategy that allows us to pioneer new best practices for our products and transform our organization!
- Lead and develop the data platform function that connects dbt to the rest of the modern data stack, as well as to internal business systems and event infrastructure
- Represent dbt Labs as a thought leader at industry engagements and with prospective customers
- Be the steward for dbt Labs’ internal data usage and data governance in preparation for organizational scale.
- Collaborate with the executive team and their directs on a roadmap that spans overall analytics and a center of data excellence
- Own and report on KPIs that represent platform stability and uptime, internal engagement with data and stakeholder satisfaction
You are a good fit if you:
- Are a seasoned people manager who has worked with different types of data roles — analytics, data engineering, analytics engineering — and can reason about differing expectations and responsibilities of each function
- Are deeply familiar with dbt and the modern data stack, and have developed opinions on the systems and processes data teams should use to best enable an organization
- Have demonstrated success in landing impact through data initiatives
- You are comfortable in a remote first, writing heavy environment and know how to bring out the best in your team in a fully distributed setting
You’ll have an edge if you:
- You have previous experience leading product analytics for developer tools or data products like CI/CD, git, open source software
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary: $214,000 – $304,000 / year