The Director, Customer Marketing will map Outsystems’ typical customer journeys and create a strategy that drives expansion revenue. This leader will help the business determine how and when to reach customers in ways that drive adoption and advocacy. The Director, Customer Marketing will plan, execute and analyze marketing programs for customer segments through a variety of integrated marketing campaigns/channels, including digital marketing, email, virtual and in-person events, ABM, and more.
Key outcomes of this role will include positive impact on customer satisfaction/retention, increased AO consumption and customer ACV, meaningful contribution to sales pipeline and closed won expansion ARR, and ROI on customer marketing initiatives.
You will partner with Regional Demand Generation Teams to deploy the customer marketing strategies that make sense for individual markets Outsystems serves. You’ll also work in collaboration with Customer Success and Customer Voice teams to understand customer behavior and expansion trends/opportunities, and identify ways to leverage Customer Success as a mechanism for expansion opportunity identification.
You’ll understand how customer expansion opportunities move into and through the sales lifecycle, and measure/report on the overall effectiveness and ROMI of marketing channels, initiatives, and campaigns in support of your segment/region specific revenue growth objectives.
What you’ll do:
- Leverage a broad and appropriate mix of marketing programs to maximize adoption of Outsystems within identified customer accounts, driving expansion ARR
- Manage program execution against committed timelines and within budget; set appropriate success KPIs and track measurements to determine impact and ROI
- Ensure appropriate communication and collaboration with key stakeholders from planning through to results across all customer marketing programs.
- Partner with Sales leadership and Product Marketing to understand the industry and buyer landscape and strategic business priorities. Work with Sales, Customer Success, Customer Voice, and Marketing leadership to ensure all customer marketing plans and tactics best align to business and selling objectives within current resourcing. Maintain a feedback loop with other departments to optimize campaigns and take advantage of content/work done across the team where possible.
- Understand ICP target buyer personas such that you can create campaigns and content that facilitate authentic conversations and timely cross channel engagements that move buyers through the funnel.
- Execute against the region specific demand gen strategy across the buyer journey, specifically aligned to customer expansion sales goals.
- Understand the entire marketing funnel (Customer Lead to Sales Qualified Opportunity), track and optimize performance at each stage in the funnel, and work with your team to create a predictable and healthy demand engine while achieving engagement goals with named/targeted accounts.
- Provide ongoing review/analysis of all relevant demand gen KPIs and results (campaign & sales cycle); leverage these insights to proactively inform and drive ongoing optimization and prioritization. Manage to established OKRs (objectives and key results), communicate progress to business stakeholders, and lead discussions to help make data-informed decisions for optimization.
- Measure cross-channel marketing program effectiveness against key/primary measures of success (awareness, demand gen, customer engagement, advocacy) monitoring campaign KPIs for ongoing optimization and reporting
- Leverage marketing automation platform, SFDC, 6Sense and other third-party tools to understand segment specific customer lifecycle behaviors to feed ongoing campaign/program optimization.
- Drive ongoing quality assurance to maintain complete transparency and ensure that all marketing supported initiatives and results are appropriately tagged in SFDC and marketing automation system.
- Oversee customer marketing budget. Measure and optimize marketing programs to ensure activities are effective, efficient, and geared towards driving 3-5x ROMI.
- Research, manage, oversee external agencies/ contractors that act as an extension of our internal teams to accomplish goals.
- Comprehensive knowledge of and demonstrated success in both ABM and traditional marketing in B2B technology/complex sale SaaS environment. Understanding of the general B2B sales processes.
- Passionate about marketing and its ability to impact revenue growth.
- Ability to analyze business growth targets and unique customer/segment situations and apply strategic marketing ideas to meet those challenges.
- Experience managing cross-channel, integrated campaigns from strategy, planning, activation, measurement/analysis, optimization.
- Combination of a creative and analytical mindset that drives compelling campaign approaches, open dialogue, and healthy debate.
- Understanding of B2B tech marketing/sales funnel. Experience working with SDR/sales teams and an understanding of how to brief and arm them for successful follow-up on hand raisers or exploration of key target accounts identified for ABM strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to manage large complex projects and programs to completion, within budget and quality expectations.
- Highly results oriented with demonstrated analytical skills and prior experience reporting on marketing KPIs to senior leadership/stakeholders.
- Among other things, this position requires experience marketing within assigned geographic regions. This requires a deep understanding of the US market.
- Ability to learn quickly, synthesize and act based on learnings.
- Ability to effectively communicate both the value and benefit of overall and specific marketing channels and deploy them strategically as needed.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills, attention to detail oriented, ability to drive prioritization within your team and other cross-functional groups.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication/presentation skills.
- Ability to travel occasionally, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or equivalent related education preferred.
- 10+ years B2B demand generation/marketing experience in tech/SaaS with progressive responsibility and demonstrated ability to positively impact pipeline/marketing ROI. Customer marketing experience preferred.
- Proficiency in marketing automation and CRM platforms a must (Marketo and Salesforce preferred).
- Experience with ABM tools such as 6sense preferred.
- Previous experience with budget and resource management responsibilities.