Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers designers and developers to create unique experiences for the web, without code. We started out offering intuitive design tools and now we’re empowering teams to build complex data-driven websites with complex logic. Designers will soon have the tools to build full-fledged web applications, not just websites.
We recently raised $140M in Series B funding to empower more creatives to build for the web. Some of investors include Accel, Capital G, Silversmith Partners, and Rainfall Ventures.
We’re looking for a brand strategist and design leader that cares deeply about operational efficiency. You will focus on up-leveling our brand to reflect this expansion into web applications, to thoughtfully grow and develop the brand design team, and to improve cross-functional operations with Marketing. This role will work closely with the design and marketing leadership teams to develop brand positioning, brand voice, and brand design frameworks/systems.
The team will look to you to help set the bar for quality and innovation. You’re a strong collaborator and relationship builder and can easily influence decisions at the leadership level. You build trust with your team by leading through influence, mentorship, and enablement. You’re very comfortable in a fast-changing environment and in a new industry that’s full of ambiguous and interesting challenges.
About the role
- Location: San Francisco HQ or US remote
As a Director, Brand Design, you’ll …
- Hire and develop design managers and high-leveled designers
- Develop efficient processes with Marketing and other internal partners
- Help define Webflow’s brand strategy with Marketing leadership
- Provide strategic direction for team members to autonomous execute on campaigns that’s on-brand and consistent across different channels and audiences
- Advocate for high-quality and consistent brand expression across the entire platform
- Promote and cultivate diversity, equity, and inclusion in brand expression and in internal processes
That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly. And this isn’t just a philosophical bent: we actually give you 4 hours a week (10% of the work week) to pursue passion projects outside of your role responsibilities.
You’ll thrive as a Director, Brand Design if you:
- Led in-house brand design teams and developed operations with Marketing teams at high-growth companies
- Hired and developed design managers/creative directors
- Established partnerships with external agencies/contractors
- Have strong communication and collaboration skills; experience working with executives and leaders
- Worked closely with with Marketing, Education, Sales and Customer Success, and leadership
- Thrive in an ambiguous and ever-changing environment
- Led a remote design team
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.