Mynd is looking to hire an entrepreneurial, analytical, and motivated leader to lead and grow our Institutional Asset Management team. This strategic doer will be intimately familiar with the mechanics of optimizing SFR portfolios, regardless of geographic location, and will be able to produce desired outcomes despite heterogenous housing types and the operational nuances of our institutional partners. This leader will build a team that applies disproportionate leverage to all high value operating decisions with the goal of maximizing returns and helping our institutional partners achieve their goals, all while providing excellent service. You will design a scalable playbook and build a team that can advise and guide our property managers through all crucial decisions over the course of property management including leasing, renewals, rent recommendations, revenue management, turns, value-add capex, budget review, variance analysis, portfolio expansion and dispositions.
This role reports to the Head of Institutional Operations on our Mynd Investment Management team.
- Recruit, build and mentor a team that will optimize the portfolios of our institutional partners.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Asset Management team and build the asset management playbook.
- Ideate and implement Revenue Management strategies, overseeing a team of associates responsible for rent price setting for both retail and institutional portfolios
- Create Mynd performance metrics and compile and deliver results to our institutional partners.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of each institutional partner and lead the team that will produce outcomes aligned with their goals.
- Monitor the performance of recently acquired assets and influence future purchases by providing data driven insights.
- Advise the Buying Team on market trends, real estate opportunities and buy box strategies.
- Review and evaluate monthly / quarterly operating performance and make operational recommendations to achieve desired outcomes.
- Create Mynd performance metrics and compile and deliver results quarterly to our institutional partners.
- Maintain broad overview knowledge of major markets (trends, drivers, rents, values, etc.) to support sound assessment of property operations and acquisitions.
- Do the above in a strategic and scalable manner that will allow the team to effectively advise on what will become one of the largest portfolios in the SFR space.
- Occasional market visits required.
Who you are:
- Experienced SFR leader
- Excellent organizational, time management and follow-up skills
- Excellent quantitative skills
- Familiarity with financial modeling/underwriting
- Ability to interface with high institutional investors
- Previous experience supporting investment funds
- Extreme attention to detail and high degree of ownership
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bias toward action; self-driven and intrinsically motivated with ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- High degree of comfort with change, technology and ambiguity
- Experience working in a high-tempo, high-growth, team-oriented organization
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 7+ years of underwriting and/or asset management experience on multifamily or SFR properties
- Solid analytical and negotiating skills
- Strong mathematical aptitude
- The ability to multitask and meet deadlines
Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment and we are unable to sponsor H1-B Visas at this time.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
Mynd is closely following the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and implementing processes that promote the safety of our employees, candidates, owners, residents and communities. The health and safety of our employees and contractors around the world continues to be our top priority as we face the challenges associated with COVID-19. Leaders across Mynd meet regularly to consider the evolving situation and are doing all we can to keep our teams healthy.
$150,000 – $200,000 annually. The compensation range may be adjusted based on experience and location.
At Mynd, we offer a robust, competitive & unique benefits package:
- Unlimited time off
- 13 Paid holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Cash to purchase your own investment property through our “Project Investor Myndset” program
- 401k + Match
- Wellness, home office, and cell phone subsidies
- Volunteer time off
- Robust health, dental, vision insurance, and more
- Sabbatical program
- Eligible to participate in Mynd’s equity program
At Mynd, we encourage all of our team members to:
- Be Myndful
- Always Be Entrepreneurial
- Earn Trust
- Play Team First
- Be an ‘A’ Player
- Think Like An Investor