As a Lead Developer / Senior Developer, you play an instrumental role in delivering Agiloft platform features, leveraging AI/ML, working both independently and collaboratively with a cross-functional agile development team. This role is instrumental for the development of high-quality software and conforms to approved design patterns and aligns with architecture goals and objectives. Youare responsible for leading, mentoring, and training team members in the ongoing development and support of components of the JEE-based Agiloft platform. Your team’s deliverables will include new features that leverage AI/ML (NLP, LLMs, generative AI), improvements to existing code, maintaining systems excellence, and active participation in designing and deployment of production deliverables.
- Lead a Scrum development team including agile ceremonies, stand ups, etc., facilitating effective collaboration and communication
- Be responsible and accountable for defining and delivering on commitments to sprint and release goals.
- Work closely with senior stakeholders to understand business requirements and help translate these into technical requirements for the development team.
- Lead the design of frameworks, components, and applications.
- Lead the development of best practices and patterns and guide the team in their use.
- Drive long-term design thinking for systems and engineering processes with simplicity, scalability, resiliency, and maintainability as core principles.
- Develop technical perspectives, standards, solutions, and strategies that add value to the customer experience, while reducing technical complexity.
- Ensure solution designs are documented clearly and with enough details for development and for preparing effort estimates.
- Together with your team design, build, implement, troubleshoot, and test software products in alignment with the product roadmap and architecture strategies.
- Develop automated CI/CD delivery pipelines for new platform components and guide the implementation.
- Understand and apply Agiloft’s security controls in your design and code implementation.
- Collaborate with other members of Agiloft Engineering on improvements to the development process and code base.
- Operate expertly within the team-specific SDLC lifecycle and process, in-alignment with the broader departmental lifecycle and process.
- Ensure adherence to Agiloft’s quality framework and policies.
- Balance new feature development efforts with production support of your team’s platform components.
- Timely respond-to and resolve complex and/or escalated issues.
- Generate innovative ideas and develop prototypes and proof of concepts.
- Deliver value through a strong collaborative approach in a globally distributed team.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to junior team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- >8 years developing commercial software
- >4 years leading development teams
- Proficiency with Java, JEE
- Proficiency with SQL
- Experience with relational- and vector databases
· Experience developing large cloud-based web applications
· Experience with the development and operation of machine learning workloads.
· Experience developing APIs
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills and ability to tackle issues by making timely decisions based on facts, knowledge, experience, and judgment.
- Demonstrated experience in communicating technical needs and capabilities to non-technical stakeholders.
- Proven ability to collaborate and provide technical leadership with a variety of individuals and groups, both in person and virtually, in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Solid experience in architectural patterns, micro-services, messaging/event driven frameworks and enterprise databases in an agile environment
- Strong experience in CI/CD practices.
- Demonstrated ability to trouble shoot issues and help developers technically in their day-to-day work.
- Demonstrated ability to design and provide solutions for complex projects.
- “Can do” attitude while demonstrating a strong work ethic
- Advanced degree
- Experience with NLP, LLMs, generative AI
- Understanding of Java concepts (JEE, WildFly, stack traces, heap dumps)
- Able to troubleshoot web applications using browser tools
- Understanding of web application security vulnerabilities (OWASP)
- Experience in a security compliant environment (SOC2 Type 2, ISO27001)
- Experience with cloud services such as AWS S3 and SageMaker