We’re looking for a Design Program Manager to join the Insights & Design Team at Zapier. Zapier’s on a mission to democratize automation. Over 3 million professionals already use Zapier to save more time, but there are millions more to reach.
As a Design Program Manager, you will help our Insights & Design Team work closely with key stakeholders and cross-functional partners to deliver inspiring and thoughtful solutions for our customers, and create the conditions that enable the team to produce world-class work.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Design Operations, this role spans both team operations and program management. You’ll help to evolve our practice by developing and implementing processes to support the day-to-day operations of our team of designers, writers, and researchers. You will help drive strategic, cross-functional initiatives, and foster an inclusive design and research community.
If you’re interested in launching your career at a fast-growing and profitable company, then read on…
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
- You are a passionate connector and problem solver You identify opportunities to improve the way we work. You’re observant, an active listener, and you constantly ask “why” again and again. You love thinking broadly in systems, with the ability to easily understand how all the interrelated pieces work together, and have a knack for identifying the most critical areas for improvement. You are outcome oriented and know that a project is only complete when the problem is solved.
- You know when to execute, when to collaborate, and when to delegate. You should be comfortable diving in proactively to solve high-impact problems. This is especially true for problems in which you can take administrative work off of Design teams’ plates. When you are out of your depth, you are able to identify the right people to bring in to help move forward. We don’t expect you to be able to solve every problem yourself, we do expect you to own the outcome and pursue alternative solves, such as collaborating with internal subject matter experts.
- You believe relationships are critical to success. You are able to quickly build relationships and trust with folks across not only Engineering, Product, and Design – but with cross-functional partners as well such as Marketing.
- You’re an excellent written and visual storyteller. We’re also a 100% remote team, and documenting is our primary means of communication at Zapier, so this bullet appears in most jobs. It’s even more critical here. This role will be responsible for creating operations-related documentation and governing Design-related Playbooks. Developing easily consumable communications and documents will be a key way that you will influence and maintain change in the Insights & Design org.
- You’re solid at time management. You’ll juggle a variety of projects, and as a part of a distributed team, you’ll be trusted to work with minimal supervision. As a part of a growing company, you have an opportunity to make a big impact, and you’re keen to build processes that’ll make your job more efficient over time.
Things You’ll Do
- Develop and build systems, frameworks, and processes, to optimize the creative process, help drive context and visibility across the team, break down silos, and help centralized teams scale their impact across the organization.
- Support cross-functional strategic projects that span Product Design, Brand, and User Research: helping scope resources, track and communicate progress, ensure teams are on track, facilitate decision-making, resolve blockers and surfacing challenges.
- Manage tooling and other logistics for the team, such as relationships with external parties (contractors, vendors)
- Travel of 5% – 10% for company retreats that rotate to various cities throughout North America.
- As a part of our All Hands Support initiative, help customers have the best possible experience with Zapier