Joining the Sales and Success team is an opportunity to accelerate your career. We’re a winning team selling and supporting the leading social media management platform for businesses. Not only do you get to work alongside some of the sharpest minds in the industry, you also get to work with some of the biggest brands in the world including DoorDash, General Mills, Trello, Make-a-wish Foundation, Edelman, and Blue Cross Blue Shield. And the real kicker? You get to design your own career and follow the path that’s best for you. Wherever you want to go, we’re committed to helping you get there.
What you’ll do
- Build and maintain business critical demo environments and applications to support our Solutions team.
- Help keep our demo solutions reliable, available, and fast by troubleshooting issues, performing necessary operations, and delivering fixes
- Create and maintain demo datasets that help tell industry vertical stories
- Build relationships with stakeholders in Product, Engineering, Operations, and Technical Support to ensure demo environment is up to date and stable
- Ensure that upcoming features are demo-ready and supported by documentation
- Develop ongoing training and documentation to educate Solutions org on demo environment best practices
- Provide thought leadership on demo development and execution
- Identify opportunities for automation and repeatable processes
What you’ll bring
Sprout Social is seeking a highly proficient and driven Demo Engineer to take ownership of and enhance our demo environment, while also spearheading the development of our demo delivery strategy within the Solutions Engineering organization.
These are the minimum qualifications that our Solutions team is looking for in this role:
- 5+ years of tech/SaaS experience
- 3+ years of experience in demo engineering, solutions engineering, solutions consulting or a similar role
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs and integration principles
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Exemplary verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Experience with or understanding of Cloud applications/platforms
Additionally, these are the preferred qualifications that would indicate a particularly strong candidate:
- Experience with Saleo, Reprise, Consensus, or other demo automation software.
- Experience in social media, digital marketing, customer service, digital advertising and/or research
- Proficiency in cloud-based technologies and platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience with Salesforce Service Cloud and Marketing Cloud
- Experience with data analytics and visualization tools such as Tableau or Power BI
How you’ll grow
Within 1 month, you’ll plant your roots, including:
- Completing Sprout Social’s new hire training & onboarding program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our products and how your role fits into the organization.
- Understanding Sprout’s core use cases and target buyer personas.
- Partnering with the Director of Solutions Engineering to define key success metrics for your role and how you will measure against them.
- Developing familiarity with our business, platform, and applications, as well as our company’s key metrics.
Within 3 months, you’ll start hitting your stride by:
- Building working relationships with stakeholders throughout the Solutions organization.
- Shadowing Solutions Engineers and Solutions Architects to understand how they approach their work.
- Developing your POV on how Solutions team members are preparing for and delivering demonstrations within the platform and integrated solutions.
Within 6 months, you’ll be making a clear impact through:
- Taking full ownership of the Solutions org demo environment and integrated technology accounts.
- Owning onboarding/offboarding of Solutions team members to the demo environment and associated integrated technologies.
- Identifying and tackling ways to improve demo environment setup and assets.
- Building and delivering reusable demo artifacts to help prove the value of Sprout and other integrated solutions.
- Documenting repeatable demo flows and click paths to scale demonstration preparation and delivery for our most common use cases.
Within 12 months, you’ll make this role your own by:
- Aligning delivery of demo resources and artifacts to keep up with Sprout’s rapidly developing product roadmap.
- Creation of documentation on demo environment usage and best practices to enable new Solutions org team members as we grow.
- Participation in monthly Solutions org education and development sessions to update the team on new demo assets, sharing success stories and best practices on how to use the resources you’ve built.
- Surprise us! Tell us what we are not doing yet, and how we can make our customers’ lives even better.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
Our Benefits Program
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for our team, product and culture. Our benefits program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families
- Progressive policies to support work/life balance, like our flexible paid time off and parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment—your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and mental well-being of our team
- Ongoing education and development opportunities via our Grow@Sprout program and employee-led diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives.
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop and downtown Seattle, for those who prefer an office setting
Whenever possible, Sprout wants to provide our team with the flexibility to work in the location that makes the most sense for them. Sprout maintains a remote workforce in many places in the United States. However, we are not set up in all states, so please look at the drop-down box in our application to see whether your state is listed. Few roles require an office setting. If your position requires a physical presence in a Sprout office, it will be evident in the job listing and your offer letter.
This role’s On Target Earnings (“OTE”) is $140,000.00 USD annually. OTE is the sum of a fixed base salary plus incentives at target performance. Incentive compensation will vary based on performance. The minimum amount earned is the fixed base salary. Since the incentive plan is uncapped, this role has no maximum pay rang