We are seeking dedicated, detail-oriented team members with a passion for supporting homeowners and experience with default servicing. In this position, you’ll join our Investment Support team and play a critical role in the servicing of our investments. Our Default Servicing Specialists ensure the investment portfolio is monitored properly for default events and that all default events are executed with timeliness, expert accuracy, and precision.
What you’ll do:
- Function as the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) with Homeowners when an investment enters a defaulted status.
- Place outbound calls to Homeowners, send and respond to emails, and take inbound calls
- Review weekly reports regarding property status including but not limited to sale of home, tax status, new liens, foreclosure, bankruptcy, etc.
- Complete initial due diligence on events of default including ordering property reports, researching county websites, research in Pacer, etc.
- Learn and adhere to all investor guidelines and Hometap’s Option Purchase Agreement
- Review all incoming Legal documents and upload them to system of record
- Accurately enter data and maintain electronic files within the system of record
- Complete all default tasks assigned within set timeframes
- Comply with all state and federal guidelines
- Partner with Legal team on adverse events when necessary
What you’ll bring:
- 2+ years of experience with mortgage servicing, loan post-closing, or default servicing
- Experience reading mortgage and/or default documents (i.e. mortgages, deed of trust, foreclosure and bankruptcy documents, trusts and titles)
- Relentless attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure within a deadline-oriented environment
- Comfort working independently as well as in a team environment, with a desire to take ownership of work
- Strong client service skills, and an ability to communicate professionally with others
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in business, finance or a related field