The companies that win today are those that put an understanding of their customers and prospects at the heart of their organisation; the investment in a central data team is an essential part of this journey. COVID-19 and the global switch-off of the in-person economy is accelerating these trends: interacting with and understanding your customers online is key to surviving and thriving in the new environment.
At Snowplow we are focused on powering the data journey that these central data teams are embarking on. To win in the new world, it’s essential that the data team can focus on the journey to value and mastery, and not get derailed by costly data delivery issues or burdensome organizational complexity. Snowplow helps data teams to do this, offering a data delivery platform that collects and operationalizes behavioral data, at scale.
It’s an exciting time here at Snowplow. We are actively selling in 14 countries with hundreds of customers and thousands of open-source users; Snowplow is well placed to weather the ongoing economic storm, having recently closed its Series A2 fundraising with Atlantic Bridge and MMC Ventures. The Snowplow team is delighted to announce that Gartner has recognised us as a cool vendor in Marketing and Data Analytics 2020.
This role sits in our Solutions Architecture team, working alongside a team of Customer Success Managers and Technical Customer Success Managers reporting into our Head of Customer Success.
At Snowplow we see activating our customers as one of the most important functions of our business in terms of retaining and delighting customers. We aim to deeply understand the business and data outcomes that our customers want to see and design implementations of our product around this.
If you are excited about working in a fast-paced environment, developing a deep understanding of how companies architect their data stack, and helping companies use data to drive business decisions then we would love to hear from you. We work directly with data teams to train them on the Snowplow product, co-design and develop solutions, implement use cases and quantify business value. Working alongside data sophisticated companies like Strava, the Economist and WeTransfer, no two days are the same.
The environment you’ll be working in:
Our company values are Transparency, Honesty, Ownership, Inclusivity, Empowerment, Customer-centricity, Growth and Technical Excellence. These aren’t just words we plucked out of thin air, we came up with them together as a company and are continually looking to find new ways to weave these into our day to day operations. From flexible hours and working locations to the way we give feedback, we’re passionate about building a company that supports both company and individual development.
What you’ll be doing
● Collaborate with customers to design data tracking strategies, allowing them to collect the right data to solve their business problems
● Working alongside Customer Success Managers to design onboarding and activation projects to widen our customers’ usage of Snowplow.
● Strategically working with customers to understand their use cases, bringing them to life through customizing, testing and deploying SQL data models to aggregate data
● Providing strategic advice to our customers’ developers allowing them to collect the right data by helping to configure Snowplow tracking while being conscious of their users’ privacy
● Educating, retaining and growing our customers through designing and delivering tailored workshops to our customers
● Utilise the deep understanding you gain through implementing solutions for our customers to feed into the Snowplow product roadmap and influence how our tech evolves
● Evolving our workshops and documentation using direct customer feedback, being a driver of overall process improvement
What you bring to the team
● Experience manipulating data is key. Ideally you have experience with SQL, either through previous roles, project work or self-taught experience. Plus points if your experience is beyond querying databases using SQL – data models, Business Intelligence and analytics engineering are our thing, we hope they are yours too!
● You’re a pro at juggling priorities. Strong project management skills are key to be a great Solutions Architect here at Snowplow. This doesn’t need to be formal experience, just the aptitude and ability to keep multiple projects with competing priorities all moving in the right direction
● You are a born educator. You take great delight in helping individuals and teams to learn new skills and master technologies. You are an excellent listener, a patient teacher and an empathetic data professional
● You love being part of the team. A high level of collaboration is required with your Customer Success colleagues to prioritise and deliver the right support at the right stage of the customer journey.
● You are an expert communicator. Especially to technical audiences, you relish the challenge to make complex concepts simple and well understood by your audience. Training and workshops are something you are confident delivering.
● You’ve walked a mile in an analysts’ shoes. It would be great, although not essential if you have worked either client-side or agency-side as an analyst, analytics engineer, data engineer or data scientist. We find that people with experience of one of more of these roles can really add a lot of value to our customers!
What you’ll get in return:
● A competitive package, including share options
● 25 days of holiday a year (plus public holidays)
● Freedom to work from wherever suits you best
● Cycle to work scheme
● Two fantastic company Away Weeks in a different European city each year (or when this isn’t possible, we have “Stay Away Weeks”)
● Mental health support including therapy sessions
● Work alongside a supportive and talented team with the opportunity to work on cutting edge technology and challenging problems
● Grow and develop in a fast-moving, collaborative organisation
● MacBook Pro
● Convenient location in central London for those who want to work there
● Continuous supply of Pact coffee and healthy snacks in the office when you’re here!
Snowplow is dedicated to building and supporting a brilliant, diverse and hugely inclusive team. We don’t discriminate against gender, race, religion or belief, disability, age, marital status or sexual orientation. Whatever your background may be, we welcome anyone with talent, drive and emotional intelligence.