At Arity, analytics is at the heart of what we do. We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our incredible Insurance Analytics team. Our team builds analytical products and solutions in the insurance space such as driving scores, mobility attributes, and claims outcome predictions. Our analytics community is made up of passionate and talented individuals and leaders with diverse backgrounds. We believe in a culture of recognition of good work, continuous learning, succeeding together, and having fun along the way.
The Data Scientist will join a team of data scientists and data engineers to help the team derive value from our most tremendous asset – data. The successful candidate will create models and find new signal from our wealth of telematics, insurance, and other third-party data sources. This person will ideate and follow through with analytical approaches that support our team products. To do so, they will fully utilize their data science skills, their coding expertise, and their unique point-of-view.
The day-to-day work of a Data Scientist will include:
- Creating and deploying models and/or supporting existing models in market
- Exploring new data sources to create novel predictors of driving risk and other insurance metrics
- Advancing the analytics framework through machine learning and exploratory data pipelines
- Working closely with data engineers and actuaries to refine product offering
- Establishing and following data science best practices including peer review, code review, documentation, coding standards, and ensuring reproducibility and compliance
- Expanding their data science skillset through development opportunities and learning innovative tools and techniques
- 2 or more years of experience applying data science and analytics techniques to solve business problems
- A background in data science, analytics, statistics, mathematics, actuarial science, or related fields. A graduate degree is preferred, but we may consider candidates with an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience creating statistical or machine learning models for business
- Thorough understanding of how to work efficiently with large, complex data
- Excellent skills coding in either R or Python. Familiarity with distributed computing (e.g. Spark) is a plus.
- Familiarity with working in a server environment
- Thrives working in a team environment
- Enjoys communicating and collaborating with others
- Detail-oriented, double checks data/work against expectations, and takes pride in good documentation
- An innate curiosity and ability to learn new techniques and technologies
Education and Experience:
• Masters Degree (Preferred)
• 3 or more years of experience (Preferred)
• In lieu of the above education requirements, an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• No Certification, License or Registration is required for the job.
Compensation offered for this role is $102,300.00-$140,025.00 per year and is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.