Zendesk is looking for a Data Scientist to join Enterprise Data & Analytics.
In the Decision Science group, you will be a member of a small but mighty team tasked with the most complicated and exciting problems facing the business!
On any given day, you may be exploring new datasets, learning the intricacies of a business process, building models, perfecting visualizations, or coordinating the operationalization of an asset. You’ll work with a collaborative team where you will quickly develop wide exposure to different functions and best practices for applying data science in very human environments.
Most importantly, we build things that matter! The insights we uncover and tools we develop immediately benefit our stakeholders. We strive to fail fast and iterate quickly so that we make the biggest difference with our business partners.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and deploy models to tackle meaningful and ambitious problems for the business
- Educate stakeholders on how to interpret the results of each model and use the results to make better business decisions
- Collaborate with inte Data teams to ensure that data quality and tooling are a priority to support the models that get built
- Manage existing models that have been deployed to make sure they stay operational and continue to maintain the expected results
What You Bring To The Role:
- Have 2+ years of experience in a Data Science role
- Have empathy for non-technical audiences and understand how to explain your findings
- Become comfortable with ambiguous problems and will roll with a first draft in order to learn
- Balance art and science: outstanding analysis as well as beautifully simple visualizations
- Have mastered SQL and can navigate a wide variety of data sets and tools
- Have an in-depth understanding of Python and its data science libraries – e.g. pandas, scipy, sci-kit-learn, etc.
- Advanced STEM degrees
- Familiarity with software development standards, processes, and tooling, such as unit testing, git, and Docker
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Vertex AI, and SageMaker
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment
The US annualized base salary range for this position is $102,000.00-$152,000.00