At PrizePicks, we are the fastest growing sports company in North America, as recognized by Inc. 5000. As the leading platform for Daily Fantasy Sports, we cover a diverse range of sports leagues, including the NFL, NBA, and Esports titles like League of Legends and Counter-Strike. Our team of over 400 employees thrives in an inclusive culture that values individuals from diverse backgrounds, regardless of their level of sports fandom. Ready to reimagine the DFS industry together?
The Analytics Team is responsible for building and maintaining analytics tools and workflows to support the PrizePicks business across all departments – at the core of these operations is data and the insights driven from that data. PrizePicks is looking for a Data Scientist with 2+ years of experience to join our Data Science team. You will be working closely with other data scientists, reporting analysts, and cross departmental directors to test business flows, make business recommendations, and provide novel business insights to leadership focused on driving revenue growth, optimizing marketing efficiency and optimizing retention efforts.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct data cleaning operations, data wrangling, and create visualizations.
- Develop advanced data simulations to predict outcomes of upcoming esports games (League of Legends, Dota2, CSGO, CS2, etc).
- Participate in selecting features, building classifiers, and optimizing them using machine learning techniques under guidance.
- Play a role in the development of processes and tools for monitoring and analyzing model performance and data accuracy.
What you have:
- 2+ years of experience in data science or related fields.
- Strong understanding of how various Esports are played and modeled within data.
- Intermediate knowledge of machine learning, data analysis, and statistical modeling.
- Proficiency in statistics and statistical software applications, such as Python or R.
- Some practical experience with relational databases like PostgreSQL.
- Experience with data visualization and report building is a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the potential to grow in these areas.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and contribute to a team.
Where you’ll live:
- Anywhere in the US is fine but Atlanta would be preferred.
Benefits you’ll receive:
In addition to your great compensation package, company subsidized medical/dental/vision coverage plans and matching 401(k), we’ll shower you with perks including:
- Break room with ping pong, endless snacks and in-office lunch once a week
- Unlimited PTO to encourage a healthy work/life balance (2 week min required!)
- Modern work schedule focused on getting the job done, not hours clocked
- Workplace flexibility
- Company and team outings, we encourage a tight-knit workplace
- Generous Maternity AND Paternity leave (16 weeks!)
- Annual bonus & stock options
- Wellness program
- Company equipment provided (Windows & Mac options)
- Annual performance reviews with opportunity for growth and career development