We’re looking for a Data Integration Engineer to provide high quality integrations with our customers. This is a highly visible, customer-facing role where you’ll have critical impact for our customers and therefore for our business. It’s also an engineering role where you’ll be hands on with all facets of the technology stack.
What you’ll be doing
- As a data integration engineer, your role is hands-on coding, configuring, and maintaining data integration for our customers.
- Assess customers requirements to propose solutions with our platform/product in regards to the data funnel, communicate the data integration process in an easy-to-understand manner directly with our new partners.
- Be a technical focal of the customer on all data integration aspects.
- Participate in strategic planning sessions to ensure alignment of the global data Solutions function with the overall product and business strategies and goals
- This will include tasks like:
- Building custom data solutions to our partners
- Implement Firework’s API and deploy in client production sites.
- Configuring Firework’s settings in the client’s site.
- Work closely with engineering and data teams for best practices deployment and development
- Reviewing source data for accuracy and completeness before integrating it into the database
- Creating reports that provide details on data quality issues and suggested solutions
- Creating data models and mapping systems to support the movement of data between different databases and applications
- Performing complex data analysis to identify patterns in data sets or to predict future trends
- Creating scripts to automate data integration processes to improve efficiency and reduce human error
- Designing a data warehouse architecture that supports business operations
- Creating data marts, which are smaller databases designed to support specific business processes or functions within an organization
- Designing and implementing data security policies to protect sensitive information from being compromised
- Troubleshooting problems with data integration or data warehousing systems
We’ll be excited if you have
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or other technical field
- 5+ years of data integration engineer or 3+ years of experience as software engineer
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with various technical and non-technical audiences; must have strong empathy and emotional intelligence with diverse customers
- Advanced technical discovery, documentation, and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with globally distributed teams across multiple time zones
- Start-up, team-oriented mindset
- Integration Experience with Google Analytics and/or Adobe Analytics
- Knowledge of Wordpress; Shopify is a plus
- Understanding concepts like data flows, APIs, web services, and the mechanics of software integration
A BIG PLUS if you have