If you eat, sleep, and breathe data, our data analytics position may be for you. At Buxton, we’re passionate about data and how it can help change the way our clients do business. Our analysts’ responsibilities are multifaceted and include data mining, business intelligence, and support of client accounts. In this role, you will conduct advanced analyses, create custom reporting/dashboards, and standardize all data used for developing client solutions. Additionally, you’ll serve an important role in supporting client accounts by keeping clients engaged with Buxton, delivering analytical solutions, and communicating with key client stakeholders on a range of topics. We’re looking for a natural and innovative problem solver who can’t stop their curious mind and has a desire to dig deep for insights that answer our client’s business questions.
What you’ll do
- Support a cross functional team in the development of predictive models to aid in real estate and marketing decisions for retail, restaurant, and healthcare clients.
- Analyze consumer data, including frequency, valuation, expenditure habits, and other patterns of behavior.
- Analyze site location data, including trends identified by site characteristics, site types, key performance indicators, and any other qualitative findings.
- Standardize data for analysis and perform data verification to ensure accuracy and completeness of client data received.
- Build and customize dynamic reports and dashboards using Tableau.
- Work on ad hoc analyses and custom analytic solutions.
- Communicate project scope, progress, and findings within your internal team and directly with clients.
- Engage directly with clients to deliver analytic solutions, provide client support of their solutions, and work with their key stakeholders, real estate teams, and marketing teams to help them solve problems within their organizations.
- Collaborate with cross functional team to identify growth opportunities for existing client accounts
What you’ll bring
- 0-4 years of relevant work experience.
- BA/BS in Economics, Econometrics, Mathematics, Decision Science, Market Research, Business Analytics or related field. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Outstanding analytical skills, familiarity with statistical concepts, and ability to solve complex problems.
- An innovative, positive, and self-directed attitude. Interested in finding solutions to problems.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to operate effectively in a client-facing, multi-agency/vendor environment.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with clients and to deliver excellent customer service.
- Experience working in SAS, SPSS, R or comparable analytical platform.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Time management skills and ability to complete work on a deadline.
- Experience in Quantitative Analytics is a plus.
- Experience with SQL or equivalent academic experience is a plus.
- Experience with Tableau is a plus.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Work From Home