The Claims team at Coalition stands apart for our outstanding level of consumer service and knowledgeable handling of claims for our insured customers. As a team, Claims is about finding ways to help our consumers find a solution to cyber risk. As we continue to expand, we are seeking an experienced claims professional to join our cyber claims team and lend a hand in handling intricate primary Cyber, Tech, and Media policies. You will also provide assistance to the underwriting team and manage/collaborate with a variety of vendors namely – breach coaches, defense counsel, and coverage counsel for Coalition and its partner carriers.
- Handle claims from FNOL to close: Including initial call, the coordination with breach counsel, forensic investigators and other vendors;
- Evaluate full pending of claims in affiliation with posting and recommending accurate reserves;
- Handle litigation and third party liability claims arising from security failures or data breaches, and claims involving media, privacy, and tech E&O liability. This will include full evaluation of liability, recommendation of actions to litigation counsel and carrier partners, reserving recommendation and reasoning, and alternative dispute resolution;
- Excellent and regular, accurate file documentation/information in our claims system;
- Assess liability and damage data in complex claims while maintaining appropriate documentation for compliance purposes;
- Identify and evaluate insurance coverage issues (third and first party);
- Intelligently guide, review and track third-party vendors and service providers;
- Maintain and develop relationships with brokers and various positions within an insured’s business including: risk managers, general counsel, and a variety of vendors;
- Identify settlement opportunities to maximize impact;
- Collaborate in the defense and resolution of claims;
- Provide data and reason-based informational assistance to underwriters;
- Provide assistance to business development partners with regard to marketing including providing educational opportunities internally and externally;
- Handle intake of new cyber breach claims as part of Coalition’s breach hotline, including guiding insureds and brokers through next steps during high-stress situations; and
- Liaise with partner carriers on a daily basis.
Skills and Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience handling cyber, tech, and/or media claims is required
- Must hold independent adjuster licenses to adjust cyber claims in the state you are domiciled. Other states are a plus.
- Demonstrated experience to work as part of a team, interact with others, meet goals, and successfully perform in a changing work environment.
- Excellent communication and interactive experience.
- Team-oriented with aptitude to excel in a collegial environment but work proactively
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- 401(k) and match
- Annual home office stipend and WeWork access
- Mental & physical health wellness programs (One Medical, Headspace, Gympass, and more)!
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The US base salary for this position ranges from $135,000 a year in our lowest geographic market up to $205,000 a year in our highest geographic market