As a detective – you will be responsible for doing a deep dive into the puzzles that are complaints, both that our team flags directly and those shared with us by our banking partners. Through a keen attention to detail, you’ll work to make sure we meet our obligations for reporting these to the various stakeholders.
As a strategist – you will be focused on helping to scale out our complaint management program in a way that works for the customer facing teams, your team, our partners and our customers. In addition, you’ll be responsible for surfacing trends or themes that are causing complaints and working with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to implement changes to mitigate the source of complaints.
- Directly manage the investigation, reporting, and response to our partner banks for complaints that Mercury identifies as well as complaints that are flagged from our partner banks via government agencies, regulators or other sources
- Work closely with customer service and other relevant teams to ensure all avenues are exhausted to resolve complaints
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail in reporting and managing complaints and ensure compliance with both our own reporting requirements and those of our partner banks
Process Development and Improvement:
- Develop and refine the complaints resolution process, focusing on learning and improvement from each case
- Implement efficient tagging and tracking systems for complaints to facilitate analysis and reporting
- Collaborate with various teams to integrate learnings, changes, or other improvements from complaints into company practices and policies
- Lead projects and initiatives to enhance the overall complaints management program, including training and development for customer service teams.
- 4+ years of experience in complaints management, preferably in the financial services or banking sector
- 5+ years in customer facing teams
- Strong understanding of financial regulations and compliance related to customer complaints
- Proven track record in handling customer disputes and resolutions
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to derive insights from complaints data
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to drive process improvements and lead or be a key stakeholder in cross-functional projects
The total rewards package at Mercury includes base salary, equity (stock options), and benefits.
Our salary and equity ranges are highly competitive within the SaaS and fintech industry and are updated regularly using the most reliable compensation survey data for our industry. New hire offers are made based on a candidate’s experience, expertise, geographic location, and internal pay equity relative to peers.
Our target new hire base salary ranges for this role are the following:
- US employees in New York City, Los Angeles, Seattle, or the San Francisco Bay Area: $139,300 – $163,900 USD
- US employees outside of New York City, Los Angeles, Seattle, or the San Francisco Bay Area: $125,400 – $147,500 USD
- Canadian employees (any location): CAD 126,800 – 149,100