The part-time Tier 1 Customer Support Agent is a remote-based contractor who is motivated to provide quick and effective service to worldwide participants in our online leadership development programs. This person champions customer happiness, satisfaction, and success through patience, understanding, and product and technical know-how.
We have availability during time blocks 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We currently have specific need for coverage during 3:00 – 9:00 p.m. ET weekdays. Weekends are possible.
You will serve as a point of contact for our clients with questions about their online learning experience, including providing solutions for technical issues and logistical and administrative matters.
Our Agents communicate with high-level executives from premier companies all over the world, and candidates must exude professionalism and possess strong written communication skills. Our Agents are provided onboarding and ongoing training, resource materials, and the tools they need to be effective.
Experience working customer support for executives or businesses is highly valued. Work in a SaaS/product or application setting, Salesforce or similar CRM, website backend/ administrative interfaces, and help desk software is highly valued.
Hours per week will vary over the year based on the ExecOnline program schedule. We generally offer 10-20 hours per week, with the possibility of additional hours based on volume. Candidates must be authorized to work in the US.
What you will do:
- Enthusiastically support clients with their tech, logistical, and other needs via email, chat, phone, and web-based tools.
- Accurately identify and troubleshoot technical and non-technical issues in a timely manner for a global set of users with diverse environments and scenarios
- Promptly escalate more complex problems to appropriate internal team members
- Demonstrate a familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures of our programs, learning content. and technical products (with training)
- Continuously endeavor to improve the quality of our support and service, both internally and externally
- Monitor live online video conferencing events and provide live immediate assistance to participants
What you need to succeed:
- 1-3 years of work experience, preferably with a SaaS company or a product/technology division
- Poise and professionalism to respond to high-level executives from around the world; executive support experience is a plus
- Strong communication skills—written and verbal—that recognizes and adapts to the wide range of ExecOnline participants. Be well versed and comfortable with email, phone, and video (if needed) etiquette in potentially challenging or urgent situations
- Familiarity with Salesforce (or other CRM), website backend/administrative interfaces (e.g. Wordpress/Rails Admin), cloud-based tools, and exposure to help desk software.
- Outstanding task management skills across a varied set of responsibilities in a fast paced, high volume environment
- Fluency in Spanish, French, or Japanese is highly valued.
To apply for this position, please submit a copy of your resume, brief cover letter (including how you heard about us), and an address to your LinkedIn profile. Candidates must be located and authorized to work in the US.
Please note, as a contractor you are not eligible to enroll in ExecOnline’s employee benefits program.
Benefits, Perks, and Resources:
- Accelerate your career: take any of our high-impact courses, for free
- You’ll receive stock options in our fast-growing company, as well as access to a 401(k) to invest in your future
- Thrive beyond work with 20 days of PTO, generous parental leave, paid holidays, and flexible work arrangements
- Comprehensive wellness benefits: high-quality, low-cost medical, dental, and vision plans, in addition to other wellness offerings
- Community & Belonging: Our Employee Resource groups bring together employees with shared characteristics or life experiences