You’ll be in on the ground floor of a company that’s building software that uniquely solves a universal and acute problem within all service organizations. We’re proud of the momentum we’ve achieved with early partners that include many of the most innovative services teams like Stripe, Zoom, Robinhood, Etsy, TaskRabbit, and CashApp.
The Small & Medium Business (SMB) Customer Success Manager within our Growth Customer Success team is a hybrid role spanning both customer implementation and longer-term customer success. This is a very operational and data-focused role in which you’ll work across our growing SMB portfolio, building our strategy and operational processes around these customers and leveraging data to improve customer conversion, expansion, and retention. You’ll also contribute to building a strong Assembled SMB customer community through your customer-facing work.
At Assembled, we believe strongly in the value of customer-led growth, and this role is designed to drive exactly that. This is a high priority team within Assembled with exposure to cross-functional leadership (including CEO, co-founders) and a large level of responsibility that will help accelerate your career.
- Oversee a large portfolio of SMB customers, helping them achieve their goals on Assembled and drive business outcomes cross-portfolio and at scale
- Foster operational rigor within our SMB customer team. Contribute to our SMB-specific operational cadence to ensure we are measuring, reviewing and executing against the right things from the leadership level down to our on-the-ground teams
- Maintain and build our systems with the goal of powering our metrics tracking, operational cadence, and increasing our ability to be proactive and prescriptive in how we engage with customers. Collaborate with product, marketing, and other internal teams to build a holistic view of our customers across internal and external data sources
- Lead strategic initiatives to improve our SMB go-to-market machine such as developing scaleable ways through data to optimize conversion, monitor churn risk, and identify expansion opportunities
- Drive growth, net revenue retention, and product adoption across our SMB portfolio
- Lead customer office hours and build community among Assembled’s growing SMB customers
- Represent the voice of our SMB customers in our product development
- You enjoy working with customers: You enjoy developing relationships and can collaborate effectively with a wide range of constituents, adjusting your messaging accordingly. At Assembled, we’d expect you to regularly interact with C-level execs, support agents, and engineers alike.
- Operational rigor: You appreciate the value of data integrity, streamlined processes, and scalable systems for building a data-driven go-to-market team and you are known for bringing operational excellence to your work.
- You don’t give up: You have the grit, determination and tenacity needed to push through roadblocks within highly unstructured environments
- You have a track record for getting things done: You know how to juggle competing priorities and drive towards outcomes. You’re great at keeping everyone up to date.
- You can think strategically while being in the weeds: You can identify key trends and insights from customer conversations and the broader market to connect the dots on what we should do on go-to-market and product.
- You have a nose for value: You can parse through the noise to determine what matters most, leveraging data to break down complex, amorphous problems. You can frame options and decisions in ways that help internal and external stakeholders get to outcomes.
- You are a great team member: You are collaborative, humble and helpful. You are available to help your teammates when needed and are able to balance your priorities with the overall team’s. You’re not afraid to try things you’ve not done before and failing. You thrive on feedback
- 3+ years of experience in customer-facing, highly strategic, operational, and analytical environments e.g. business operations, management consulting, investment banking, private equity, venture capital, or customer success.
- Experience with SQL or similar query language.
The estimated base salary range for this role is $110,000 – $140,000 per year. The base pay offered may vary depending on location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Stock options are provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.
Our team continues to grow and we are looking for new members to help us transform and elevate customer support. Our values are: act like a support agent, bias towards action, and 1% better each day! We support our team by offering the following benefits:
- $100 Community Support Agriculture (CSA) credit
- $50 Assembled user credit
- $100 professional development/general wellness (fitness, mental health, or professional development)
- 401K through Guideline
- Dental and vision coverage through Guardian
- Health insurance through Aetna, Kaiser (CA&CO), and BCBS HMSA Hawaii
- Paid parental leave
- Supplemental life insurance through Guardian
- Short term disability coverage through Guardian
- Access to Spring Health – a service which provides multiple mental health and wellness services
- Access to Guardian’s WorkLifeMatters Employee Assistance Program – offers services to help promote well-being and enhance the quality of life for you and your family
- Additional coverage (accident, hospital, and critical illness plan) through Voya
- Commuter benefits
- FSA/HSA via Rippling
- One time $300 credit for improving your home workspace
- Weekly catered lunches (3 times a week)
- Remote and hybrid work model (in most roles) 1-2 in office days every week
- Paid sick time/holidays and unlimited PTO
- Rotating selection of in-office snacks and beverages
- Onsite Mother’s room
- Happy hour every other week
- Cometeer Coffee