We have over 9k paying communities powered by Circle, and that number is growing significantly month-over-month. A majority of customer education and engagement happens through our thriving customer community, and via direct 1:1 engagements with a CSM.
As a Customer Success Manager, you’ll be helping not only serve as a main point of contact for our Enterprise-plan customers, but will also have the opportunity to help us define the CS function, test & build new processes and work with us to design a team that delivers value consistently. Note, our enterprise customers are those that are subscribed to an enterprise annual plan, but can include small and medium-sized businesses as well at truly enterprise scale. Enterprise customers at Circle are defined by use case, not by size.
You’ll support customers in effectively rolling out Circle, ensure they’ve adopted all relevant functionality, and are continuously gaining value from our products. You’ll work to proactively identify opportunities to solve needs for our customers, and will partner closely with internal teams to engage 1:1 with customers during key moments in their lifecycle. Equipped with the knowledge of what it takes for customers to succeed with Circle, you will serve as the voice of your customers cross-functionally, providing feedback to the Product team and broader business.
We have strong preference for candidates residing in AMER (North/South America) time zones.
What you’ll be doing
- You’ll be passionate about building relationships, helping our clients succeed in building an engaging community, and establishing yourself as a trusted advisor along their journey. Over the course of your first year you’ll ramp in to serving 150-200 customers.
- Intentionally develop new relationships with existing customers to understand their goals, and consult on the best ways to achieve them using Circle to drive product adoption and retention across your book of customers.
- Analyze customer usage across your book of business to identify risks and opportunities, then take ownership of designing and executing engagement campaigns to action them.
- Communicate thoughtfully with your clients and internal stakeholders to ensure prompt answers that can be understood by both technical and non-technical recipients.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the Circle platform and online community building strategies to make recommendations on how customers can accelerate their desired outcomes.
- Partner closely with other internal stakeholders to share customer stories & experiences that help build deeper understanding of customers goals, use cases and outcomes.
- Act as an internal advocate for customers by consistently contributing feedback to product & engineering on areas for improvement to enhance the customers experience
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of our customer success processes and methodologies
What you’ll need to be successful
- Strong alignment with our values. Find our values on our career page if you haven’t read up on them yet.
- You are proficient in English (spoken, written, and reading) at a CEFR Level C2 / ILR Level 5.
- You either have 3+ years working directly with creators or a company in a community management role, or you have 3+ years of experience in SaaS customer success working with SMB customers to drive product adoptions, expansion, and retention.
- You have directly contributed to outreach and engagement initiatives designed to engage customers/members and can speak to specific projects & outcomes.
- You have a growth mindset and are willing to share and receive feedback in a constructive, respectful and empathetic manner. We care deeply about getting better as individuals and as a team every day.
- You’re driven & process-oriented. You’re able to effectively balance competing priorities and make decisions that best support the customer, the team, and Circle.
- You’re able and comfortable with needing to efficiently switch contexts from responding to customer emails, to leading a product training, to running a quarterly community review, to meeting with the Product team about an upcoming feature.
- You are a team player with a high level of integrity and desire to assist your team. When you find processes that work, you will document them through playbooks, teach others and champion wider adoption.
- You have an aptitude for digesting and effectively communicating technical concepts across audiences of varying technical ability.
- You’re resourceful. You may not have all the answers, but you know how to find them.
- You’re a self-motivated, proactive team player. You bias towards action and work effectively in a highly ambiguous, ever-changing environment. You’re able to hone in on granular details and also take a step back to understand the larger strategy and philosophy of how and why decisions are made.
- You have experience leveraging product usage data in your approach to engaging, expanding, and prioritizing your accounts.
- Familiarity and proficiency with HubSpot, Notion, Canva, Google Suite.
$100,000 – $125,000 a year