We are seeking a highly motivated, deeply experienced Qualified Manager to inspire, lead and help evolve our global Afterpay customer service model to deliver an effortless customer experience and support the growth of our business. This role is focused on the direct leadership and accountability of the North America (NA) Customer Service Team, both our own internal talent and Partner (Supplier / BPO) resources.
You will influence and inspire a team of passionate team members and their leaders, coaching them to success while you play a key role in helping to shape and deliver on our customer experience strategy. You will help optimize our contact channels, including in-app messaging and voice, while developing and reinforcing Afterpay’s performance and effortless experience culture across NA Customer Service.
In this role, you will serve as a senior Operations leader primarily working with Operations stakeholders and Partners and when needed inside the company, working with functions such as Product, Engineering, Compliance and Legal to protect and respond to Afterpay’s strategic agenda, customer expectations and regulatory obligations. You’ll manage the NA Customer Service operation to ensure we achieve Afterpay’s strategic Operations priorities and underpin our obsession with creating an effortless experience for our customers and people.
This role focuses on execution to meet our customer and business commitments as well as influencing and collaborating with global stakeholders to help define the future for our global operation.
This role is responsible for:
- Lead the day to day customer service delivery of our Supplier Partners and specialist in-house teams (including complaint handling / Escalations teams) for the NA region
- Drive performance to meet OPEX and service delivery obligations for region including FTE / headcount management as well as efficiency and customer experience deliverables such as but not limited to Contact Rate, Response and handles time, TTR, Quality, CSat and Complaint handling timelines
- Partner management and performance for NA region; including accountability of performance to agreed objectives including NA specific Operations regulatory and licencing obligations
- Ensure daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly rhythms are in place to support the performance of the region in a 24/7 operating model. Partnering with Operations cross functional Leads including WFM, Learning, Service Excellence and Complaints to deliver on Operations initiatives.
- Role model leading and managing with Insights, gathering and synthesizing relevant data; stay connected with performance data and customer contact trends to understand drivers of results. Be able to communicate insights from day to day customer experience, team results or suggesting process improvement.
- Coaching and mentoring leaders and team members with a focus on professional development and performance outcomes across the team
- Build implementation plans and drive execution with and through direct team, global Operations colleagues and Partners to ensure operational readiness for planned change or incident responses as required
Candidates must be located within 50 miles of San Francisco, CA or Salt Lake City, Utah or willing to relocate.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- 15+ years of relevant CS operations work experience, with 10+ years of multi-tier (managing managers) people management experience required at companies with significant scale
- A minimum of 5 years of experience within Lending or Collections Operations
- Proven people leader; engage the team around a vision and solve problems or delivery amazing results with and through a team
- Past product and/or project management experience and deep background operating in complex operations
- Experience building, optimizing, leading B2C Customer Success operations, particularly in a fast-paced startup or tech environment, and experience with leading Partner (BPO) teams to achievements equivalent to internal teams
- The ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally throughout an entire organization and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem-solving abilities and expertise in balancing and articulating trade-offs variables such as time, cost, quality, risk and people constraints
- A passion for consumer financial services and effortless customer experiences
- A relevant BA/BS degree or related experience
- Deep understanding of regulatory requirements and challenges including licensure obligations
- The global nature of our team will require this role to work flexibly in order to connect to colleagues who operate across ANZ, North America, UK and Partners in the Philippines.
- Remote, global team management experience
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $167,300 – USD $204,500
Zone B: USD $155,600 – USD $190,200
Zone C: USD $147,200 – USD $180,000
Zone D: USD $138,900 – USD $169,700